in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-13-2011 1:30 AM by akoro. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-26-2011 12:38 PM

• Dissy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-26-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Getting 4000 & 6000 speakers to work with my beovision 5 TV

Can anyone advise me on what I'm doing wrong with my TV and speaker setup please?

I have a BeoVision 5 TV with 4x speakers
    2x 6000 speakers at the front (one either side of the TV). The left speaker is plugged into the front left port on the TV and the right speaker is plugged into the front right port of the TV. The TV and these 2 speakers work fine, it's the rear ones I have a problem with.

I also have a BeoSound Overture at the rear of the room with 2x Beolab 4000 wired up to it. The 2x speakers are linked together with one of the speaker cables going into the back of the BeoSound. The other speaker port on the back of the BeoSound runs a speaker cable to the BeoVision 5, plugging into the right, rear speaker port on the TV. There is also a masterlink cable running from the TV to the BeoSound.

When I go to the setup on the TV all four speakers come on once selected within the menu and the correct sound comes out of all 4 speakers as well as the TV. The minute I come out of the speaker setup menu the 2 rear speakers turn off.

Someone mentioned to me that the TV may be set up with only 2 speakers instead of all 4 from within the setup menu, but I can't seem to find anywhere where I can change this. Is this correct?

Can anyone help please?

• 05-26-2011 12:51 PM In reply to

Re: Getting 4000 & 6000 speakers to work with my beovision 5 TV

I suspect the speakers don't like having two different inputs. The normal set up would be as you have but no speaker connection to the Ouverture, just ML. Instead, you would use the Ouverture via the Avant and it would then play through the 6000s or both the 6000s and the 4000s if you press Speaker 4 on the Beo4. The BV5 will use all 4 speakers as long as it is set up to do so (which it sounds as if it is. In this case, if this is suitable, the Avant is set to Option 2 and the Ouverture to Option 0.

• 05-26-2011 12:52 PM In reply to

Hi there

Your Beovision 5 should have inputs for front and rear speakers.

You need to basically leave the hifi connected to the TV via masterlink and have all four speakers plugged into the TV...

You will then need to option program the TV (option 2) and hifi (option 0) so there are no IR conflicts. (all IR will be through the Beovision 5). Done by holding down standby and go on the Beo4 remote control and using the list key to scroll through the options.

All fairly straight forward if you know what you are doing. Probably 1-2 hours labour for your local B&O engineer to come out and set up properly for you.

Hope this helps!

• 05-26-2011 12:54 PM In reply to

Haha. Peter and I must have been typing pretty much the same reply at the same time!

• 05-27-2011 4:25 AM In reply to

• Dissy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-26-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks guys, really helpful.
    I'll give it a try this evening

• 06-10-2011 4:17 PM In reply to

• Dissy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-26-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi there I've tried what you suggested but every time I press the standby button on the remote control it just switches the TV off so I'm unable to view a menu. Am I right in thinking you mean the bottom right button with the red dot on the remote control when you suggest pressing the standby button? If I've misunderstood could you please let me know what you mean?

Kind regards
    Simon

• 06-10-2011 4:43 PM In reply to

yes, press "red dot" and hold it - press "list"

display says: Option? (if you want: press list to scroll through menu)

press "go" - display says v.opt - with "list" you can scroll to a.opt and l.opt

set v.opt to option 2 by pressing "2" and

set a.opt to option 0 by pressing "0"

now it should work; imho it works even when your BV it in standby (red light on); if its not working press "go" after typing the option number (but I don't think its necessary)

regards elmar

• 06-13-2011 1:30 AM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

Your tv needs to be in standby when changing options - so it's perfectly ok that you do not see any menus. Instead you should see your standby led turning of for 1sec when the option command is sent.

Also look for menu-options-sound for default video, it should be 5 if you want your rear speakers to turn on allways. If there is no such setting you have old software in the tv and you need to use speaker command from beo4 list button and choose 5 manually.

I hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)