in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-07-2011 7:10 AM by tournedos. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2011 8:50 PM

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Any technically-capable members in the Nebraska area?

A BG4004 owner in Nebraska requested help from me. She is not technical.

If any of you are in that area, and can help her, I can provide backup.

There is no point in her shipping the unit to me in Israel.

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 05-24-2011 8:57 AM In reply to

• jam57
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • Denver CO
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

Re: Any technically-capable members in the Nebraska area?

Hello Menahem. The Grammophone Shop in Denver CO is our local repair center and they used to be a dealer before the advent of the Beostores. Here is their phone number 303-744 1284 to pass along. Certainly worth a phone call and shipping would be much more reasonable.

Best regards, John

• 05-24-2011 10:36 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Colorado is certainly closer than Ohio!

Evan

• 05-27-2011 6:56 PM In reply to

i am in the Omaha area i do work on my own stuff depends on her problem i guess there is a store in the Omaha area also they a small subsity of the B&o but they ususally send the suff to Lincoln or Kansas City Mo which would be close for her

• 05-29-2011 12:17 AM In reply to

I'm currently traveling the US and need a stopover in Nebraska anyway (I'm not staying on that ******* Greyhound for two days straight again!).

If there is Greyhound station in town I could take a look at it in exchange for a place to spend some nights. Big Smile I'm couchsurfing anyway, so why not...

Obviously I don't have any tools, but I've done 4000s before...

• 05-29-2011 1:10 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

You have a PM Smile

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 05-29-2011 3:01 AM In reply to

i sent you a pm

• 05-29-2011 3:01 AM In reply to

i sent you a pm

• 05-29-2011 5:37 PM In reply to

wokbelly:

i sent you a pm

Who? Me? If so, I didn't get it.

• 06-05-2011 10:53 PM In reply to

As good as new. Smile

Seized lubrication indeed. Menahem, you can add another red circle to your manual. The pivot for the lower axle was the main culprit in this case.

By the way, this is another 4004 with the two extra pins in the plug missing. Quite a shame, since it's used alongside a 2400. When can we expect a reproduction? Anyone? Whistle

• 06-05-2011 11:45 PM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Chris!

Did they give you a good place to shack down?

Can you send me the picture - for some reason I can't get any of these imageshack pictures.

Menahem

• 06-06-2011 3:36 AM In reply to

ablaumeise:
    As good as new. Smile

Intercontinental on-site service delivered with less than 14 days turnover! Another Beoworld moment!  LaughingLaughingYes -  thumbs up

Yeah, I have a 5-pin 4004 as well. No 2400 either, though...

-mika

• 06-06-2011 5:04 AM In reply to

yachadm:

Can you send me the picture - for some reason I can't get any of these imageshack pictures.

It's just a picture of the finished Beogram playing a LP, I didn't take any pictures of the interior. But I guess my description of the problem is graphic enough?

tournedos:
    Another Beoworld moment!  LaughingLaughingYes -  thumbs up

Coming to Finland next…you need anything fixed? Laughing

• 06-06-2011 9:16 AM In reply to

ablaumeise:
    Coming to Finland next…you need anything fixed? Laughing

Erm... how long are you staying? Big Smile

-mika

• 06-06-2011 10:48 AM In reply to

tournedos:
    Intercontinental on-site service delivered with less than 14 days turnover! Another Beoworld moment!  LaughingLaughingYes -  thumbs up

Fantastic, maybe we need a travel forum, where members post their needs and where, and travelers their answers and or travel plans.

Example: Need repair of BM 6500 in Mexico city, have guest room and well assorted bar, Answer: Coming to Mexico in November, please stock up your bar with Corona, PM me with failure desription.

The forum should be named Nebraska syndrom.Big Smile

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 06-06-2011 10:59 AM In reply to

ablaumeise:
    By the way, this is another 4004 with the two extra pins in the plug missing. Quite a shame, since it's used alongside a 2400. When can we expect a reproduction? Anyone?

I have a pair of pins here, will look into posibility of making copies next time I'm in my workshop with a little time on hand.

Martin do you have the thread size and type ??

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 06-06-2011 12:42 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Søren Mexico:

ablaumeise:
    By the way, this is another 4004 with the two extra pins in the plug missing. Quite a shame, since it's used alongside a 2400. When can we expect a reproduction? Anyone?

I have a pair of pins here, will look into posibility of making copies next time I'm in my workshop with a little time on hand.

Martin do you have the thread size and type ??

Would these be the same pins as the seven pins in BC4500 cord?  I've removed two from my BC4500 and could donate the extras.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 06-06-2011 12:58 PM In reply to

Rich:
    Would these be the same pins as the seven pins in BC4500 cord?  I've removed two from my BC4500 and could donate the extras.

Yes Rich, its the same ones, but I would tape them to the cord, you will never know when you need them, without them remote control wil not work with the BC

• 06-06-2011 1:04 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Søren Mexico:

Rich:

Yes Rich, its the same ones, but I would tape them to the cord, you will never know when you need them, without them remote control wil not work with the BC

Never say never, right, but I think it's safe to say I will never need to remotely control my BC4500!

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 06-06-2011 4:15 PM In reply to

tournedos:

Erm... how long are you staying? Big Smile

Not long enough to fix that (nebraskan?) bison. Wink

By the way, is Finland a good place to buy B&O? I was thinking about getting some (read: a trunkful) valve sets to keep me occupied during the winter. Or should I just get 'em in Denmark? 

• 06-07-2011 3:31 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Chris,

I just got a very nice Thank-You letter from Danielle (i am not responsible for postings after this Big SmileLaughingStick out tongueDevil)

Just thought you should know - she was very happy!

Have B&O, will travel.

Menahem

• 06-07-2011 7:10 AM In reply to

ablaumeise:
    By the way, is Finland a good place to buy B&O? I was thinking about getting some (read: a trunkful) valve sets to keep me occupied during the winter.

I'm afraid not. There are sometimes bargains when neither the seller nor the (other) buyers know anything about the kit in case... put in particular with valve sets, I don't think that there are that many left after you put together mine and Ville's Big Smile They must be a lot easier to find in Denmark. We had a pretty strong domestic radio industry (and licenced manufacturing from Telefunken etc) back then and they mostly still dominate from that era.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)