in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-30-2011 1:27 PM by Hannes. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2011 4:18 PM

• Hannes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-23-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

can't switch on BeoSound 4

I have a big problem with my BeoSound 4:

A few days ago I disconnected the power cable from the wall plug - I want to be sure nothing happens so I unplug all my electronic devices when I am not at home for some days.

Before I plugged the BS4 off it worked, of course.

Today I came back and plug in the power cable again. Now the red standy light is lightning constant red, but normally it blinks because I have to enter the PIN code. The load button for the CD Drive and the glas door opens as always. But I cannot switch it on. Nothing happens if I press RADIO, CD, MENU etc.

I already disconnected any cables from the BS4 and tried to switch it on, but it is the same problem.

What can I do besides bring it back to the dealer? The device is only 3 years old.

• 05-23-2011 4:46 PM In reply to

Re: can't switch on BeoSound 4

does not sound like PIN code behaviour

not sure what to suggest

but I would power it off again, wait 30 minutes, power it on, a press play on the CD and see if it prompts for the PIN

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-24-2011 2:59 AM In reply to

• Hannes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-23-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

I tried to power it off again, wait 30 minutes, several hours etc. but nothing happen, only the door and the CD drive opens.

Sounds like it is dead. I am disappointed that it lasted only 2,5 years.  I will bring it back to the dealer. I am not sure if there is warranty left.

• 05-24-2011 4:45 PM In reply to

Bang & Olufsen may give fairness on it if it's just out of warranty etc.
  • 05-25-2011 5:41 PM In reply to

Did you unplug the unit from the mains or just 'turned it off'. I found that sometimes B&O needs to be rebooted the 'hard way' and then it starts working as normal. Just my 2 cents.

• 05-26-2011 6:30 AM In reply to

• Hannes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-23-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

yes as I said I unplugged the BS4 from the mains before the weekend and I plugged it in on Monday. Now I can't switch it on anymore. Next week I will bring it to the dealer. I tried to unplug it several times.

• 05-26-2011 11:17 AM In reply to

Recognised fault in the Beosound 4. There is a fault in the PCB6. The fix is to replace this board and I would be surprised if your dealer is not generous with this. It was fixed in later models. It is a software problem related to the PIN mechanism.The part number needed is 8345029 .

• 05-29-2011 3:27 AM In reply to

I had a similar thing in the past. At first due to the red light flashing I presumed it was pin related. When I approached the system the door would go up and the only function that would work was Load. We had it serviced thinking that a main PCB would need replacing as we were also aware of a 'known fault' however it turned out the the visual display had failed.
  • 05-30-2011 1:27 PM In reply to

• Hannes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-23-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

okay, thank you very much for the informations. Today I brought back the BS4 to the dealer with the informations. Let's see what the problem is.

I will post the result.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)