in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-24-2011 8:55 AM by Step1. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-19-2011 12:15 PM

Beosystem 9000

I have had one of these for 30 years and it is still going strong.  A couple of weeks back the capstan for the CD player "disappeared" and although I have found the small circular spring and I cannot find the black plastic capstan around which the spring fits and which then itself fits into the central pin of the turntable.  Have been told by a couple of dealers that this part is no longer manufactured.  Can any one help or will it be a case of the battle was lost for want of a horseshoe nail?????

• 05-19-2011 3:46 PM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 9000

"You are the ninth person today to ask about this item sir,but it's not available,as there is no demand for it"

How often do we get treated to this logic these day's?

However,if you search this site,one of the members was offering to make this part to order!!

In the meantime,you can buy a lightweight ferrite ring magnet from a modellers shop etc,that will clamp the disc to the turntable,it works well as a temporary solution.(2 years in my case!)

Regards,

Nick

• 05-24-2011 4:09 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

@Solderon29 is it possible to remove these without damage? I have one that is intact atm and I would like to examine it, as I have never seen a broken one yet.

I also have quite a nice lathe (Myford ML7) with lots of accesories that belonged to my grandfather. I would really like to learn how to use the thing and have a go at making such part, otherwise money constraints mean it will have to go, which I cannot bear to do!

Olly.

• 05-24-2011 8:06 AM In reply to

They are a push on item. If you get a blade under both sides you can safely lever them off. On your own head be it!!

Regards Graham

• 05-24-2011 8:55 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Thanks Graham! I might give it a go Unsure

Olly.