in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-22-2011 5:16 AM by Beolab. 57 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-14-2011 5:47 AM

New Products

Hi guys, I'm new so take it easy!

Any one wanna guess at what's to come over the next year from Bang & Olufsen?? Perhaps the Encore but what else?
  • 05-14-2011 10:52 AM In reply to

Re: New Products

Welcome to beoworld,

please use the search function. You will find everything in other threads

Heribert

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 05-14-2011 8:03 PM In reply to

That read a bit harsh Heribert!

hello NiJinsky, well we can expect a BeoVision 11 (dont know anything about it yet!) and there a rumours of Airplay for a mk2 BS8 nice!

• 05-14-2011 9:00 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Welcome Nijinksy,

Paul Winn:
    well we can expect a BeoVision 11 (

Ooh, good news.  From the previous threads, I didn't recall a rumour for a BV11.  Hurry up B&O, we want to see 2011 products in 2011. ;-)

• 05-15-2011 3:02 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Heribert:

please use the search function. You will find everything in other threads

Yes, I a bit unfair for a new user. Be more patient, please! Searching through posts for new products isn't always easy. Until recently, I was still uncertain whether a BV7-46 was a forthcoming new product searching for a definitive answer didn't yield a result.

• 05-15-2011 3:04 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Michael:

Ooh, good news.  From the previous threads, I didn't recall a rumour for a BV11.  Hurry up B&O, we want to see 2011 products in 2011. ;-)

Am I the only one who can't see where a BV11 will sit in the range? I know B&O want to kill some of the smaller screens <32", but many of us need these for kitchen, bedrooms etc. 

• 05-15-2011 3:15 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

moxxey:
    Am I the only one who can't see where a BV11 will sit in the range? I know B&O want to kill some of the smaller screens <32", but many of us need these for kitchen, bedrooms etc. 

Hi Moxxey, How small a TV do you want? With the BV10 32" there obviously is a need for around this size. 

I'm not sure where the BV11 will sit as i didn't even know they were planning to release one LOL  

Regards

Michael. 

• 05-15-2011 4:13 AM In reply to

AirPlay BS8 would be nice. Perhaps they could mod it some iPads can be wall mounted too. Surely a few degrees would cure this.

What about 3D? Not many of us can break into the BeoVision 4 range, I mean, I can't even afford a stand for the 85''! I'm not that into 3D but would consider it if B&O put an affordable one out there.

Nice to be made welcome, just about! ;)

Thanks!
  • 05-15-2011 4:18 AM In reply to

welcome to Beoworld

niJinsky:
    I mean, I can't even afford a stand for the 85''!

lol, I know what you mean !

I came to the conclusion that the reason B&O brought out 3D at the high end is that anyone who can afford the 85" probably won't complain when they have to change/upgrade it in 18 months time Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-15-2011 4:26 AM In reply to

But at the end of the day they must be loosing out on people wanting 3D. I'd get one, just upgrade the panel along the line. People always want B & O, even if it is old tech by then! Haha.

I do agree actually, some people may not see it my way!
  • 05-15-2011 7:33 AM In reply to

The BV10-32 is actually my all time favourite design. I love its' company size as I really really dislike large TVs in a room.

I was back home in Chester yesterday and my B&O dealer had one in their window along with a BeoSound 8  my perfect 'apartment style' system.   They looked fab together!!!

• 05-15-2011 7:37 AM In reply to

The entire BV7 family are to be updated to 3D. And fairly soon.

The BV4 range will be heavily pruned - due to energy consumption on Stand by and EU regulations

All sorts of other goodies coming - some small changes - others are expanding ranges.

• 05-15-2011 8:41 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Peter :

The entire BV7 family are to be updated to 3D. And fairly soon.

Yes, I heard about this. So I guess this means a BV7 MKVI? New panel, perhaps sidelit LED.

• 05-15-2011 3:18 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Personally as I already have a full B&O AV system in the livingroom and bedroom, all I want from B&O is a pair of proper headphones like a Sennheiser or Dr Dre Beats. Both these brands offer great sound but the built quality are cheap, two pairs of Beats have failed on me so far, my A8's have lasted 7 years! I know B&O could offer a solid aluminium solution for a full canned semi pro headphone.

• 05-15-2011 4:58 PM In reply to

Hi Jez - im sorry your BEATS have failed you - im a HUGE fan of the Solo HDs and we use the Studio's and PRO here in radio! Well judging by the photo of the new CEO with a red pair of B&O headphones around his neck in China maybe... but then again maybe not, never really saw B&O as a DJ brand. In radio we use Pioneer CDJ800/2000 Cd players for DJ use but really couldnt imagine B&O for that lol!

I did have a pair of A8s but I felt really ripped off by them as i was so disappointed by their lack of bass, cheap non gold plated 3.5mm plug. I couldnt help thinking they were 30-40£ headphones being sold for £100 - I certainly wouldnt buy them again.

I do know that BEATS have changed the way their headphones are manufactured due to plastic issues. I do know that they sound absolutely awesome!

Who knows though, Im sure B&O have looked at BEATS very very clever marketing and thought of their BS8, the young iPod/iPhone user and thought...

• 05-15-2011 5:23 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

Hi Jez - im sorry your BEATS have failed you - im a HUGE fan of the Solo HDs and we use the Studio's and PRO here in radio! Well judging by the photo of the new CEO with a red pair of B&O headphones around his neck in China maybe... but then again maybe not, never really saw B&O as a DJ brand. In radio we use Pioneer CDJ800/2000 Cd players for DJ use but really couldnt imagine B&O for that lol!

I did have a pair of A8s but I felt really ripped off by them as i was so disappointed by their lack of bass, cheap non gold plated 3.5mm plug. I couldnt help thinking they were 30-40£ headphones being sold for £100 - I certainly wouldnt buy them again.

I do know that BEATS have changed the way their headphones are manufactured due to plastic issues. I do know that they sound absolutely awesome!

Who knows though, Im sure B&O have looked at BEATS very very clever marketing and thought of their BS8, the young iPod/iPhone user and thought...

Yes, I share your view on the DJ side not being a big market for them, but for use with an iPod/iPhone/iPad and MP3 players in general, it's a huge market to miss out on. Larger closed ear/noise cancelling headphone are a massive market in the U.S.A and down hear in Aus too. I would love a pair of powered noise cancelling/reduction headphones from B&O. Ear bud headphone just don't cut it when it comes to travelling, particularly on planes. Being that the BeoSound 8 has been a massive hit with Apple customers I think that such a device would be a great product to market towards Apple customers.

• 05-15-2011 5:57 PM In reply to

Totally agree with you Jez! The headphone market has suddenly become fashion. It is fashionable to wear say Beats. And just look at them. Their cheapest pair are £150 and go up to £350 and the youngsters are going mad for them. Ive lost count the amount of 20 somethings wearing the £280 ones!!!

Totally agree the iPod market is huge and its the way the market has gone. It certainly has for me. I saw this coming though, 10 years ago when I started at the University of Manchester, not ONE student had a hifi in their room.   They had a laptop, iTunes and a pair of powered speakers! Im all for it though, I love my iPod and indeed iTunes and my MacBook. I never lose my music now, it doesnt get damaged like loads of my CDs did and I can take it everywhere with me!!!

Yes, I really wish B&O well with the Beosound 8.   PS I dj'd on a little white iPad2 yesterday and absolutely loved it!!!

• 05-15-2011 6:00 PM In reply to

Actually Jez, I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Yes BS8 customers with their iPhones and iPods probably would pay for some real quality headphones - top quality ones though! We shall see, I think you are onto a winner there.   PS I wish I was in Aus, Id be surfing everyday!!!

• 05-15-2011 6:20 PM In reply to

Some nice headphones would be nice!

I think we've found a hole in Bang & Olufsen's market. I'm heading to the drawing board!! ;)
  • 05-15-2011 6:33 PM In reply to

Haha you do that niJinky! Sounds like a plan!

• 05-15-2011 6:40 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

Actually Jez, I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Yes BS8 customers with their iPhones and iPods probably would pay for some real quality headphones - top quality ones though! We shall see, I think you are onto a winner there.   PS I wish I was in Aus, Id be surfing everyday!!!

Surfing in Vic is not so comfortable at this time of year as it's freezing but up north is okay.

I just feel that B&O slept for so long with Torben at the helm of the company, being in bed with windows for so long that they missed the mark. Better late than never though. B&O have showen that portable devises are not their forte with examples such as their recent efforts in mobile phones and the BeoSound 6 MP3. Accessories are a different ball game, we all know they can do that. even if it's just for brand awareness to be sold in Apple stores or online.

• 05-15-2011 7:01 PM In reply to

Totally agree with you Jez and to think I nearly bought a Serene phone when they first launched but I pulled out last minute due to the price which I felt really bad about paying. Same with BeoSound 6 I guess its wrong to fool people by putting your name on a Samsung product - very bad management there! Mind you the same thing has happened at Aston Martin who have taken a 10k Toyota IQ tarted it up and are now charging 30K.

I have high hopes for this new CEO. Whether a new young crowd will start buying B&O outside of the BS8 i really dont know. Six months on and I havnt seen any adverts in the glossy magazines for the BS8, no ties in's with MTV, Kiss TV/FM etc.  Men's Health and GQ target a young, affluent market so maybe B&O should dominate it a little more!

• 05-15-2011 10:49 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • Melbourne Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

Totally agree with you Jez and to think I nearly bought a Serene phone when they first launched but I pulled out last minute due to the price which I felt really bad about paying. Same with BeoSound 6 I guess its wrong to fool people by putting your name on a Samsung product - very bad management there! Mind you the same thing has happened at Aston Martin who have taken a 10k Toyota IQ tarted it up and are now charging 30K.

I have high hopes for this new CEO. Whether a new young crowd will start buying B&O outside of the BS8 i really dont know. Six months on and I havnt seen any adverts in the glossy magazines for the BS8, no ties in's with MTV, Kiss TV/FM etc.  Men's Health and GQ target a young, affluent market so maybe B&O should dominate it a little more!

Perceptions are funny things, but we all have things we like and don't like, and I for one would never have bought a B&O product that was actually a Samsung, but with a B&O badge on it.  Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with Samsung products, but the brand has zero cachet in the high end market where B&O play.  

Does that make me a shallow fashion victim?  Possibly - I am well aware of how global manufacturing and marketing works, but if I am going to shell out for a so called designer gadget, I want it to be exclusive to that particular brand, even if the parts within are OEM parts from all around the world.  For example I have an Apple iPhone - yes, the parts within will be from all around the world and it is likely made in China or Taiwan - nothing wrong with that, but it is an Apple design, and there is nothing like it on the market - excepting rip off imitations of course.

Same with a Beovision 8-40 - made somewhere in Asia, not Struer I a believe (?).  That it has a Sharp, or Samsung/Sony panel and other OEM parts is of no consequence, as I know they will be of good quality; the picture engine is proprietary B&O and the styling is pure B&O also.  But if it had a B&O/Samsung badge on it?  No way... it just would not feel right.... as I say, perceptions are funny things in the way we 'see' and feel about things re consumer items.  I am sure a marketing guru/psychologist would have a lot to say on this!

I really like the idea of quality headphones for an iphone etc.  B&W first brought out their iPod dock, and then the luxury P5 headphones, which I believe are selling exceptionally well here also.  That it is a market niche that B&O could exploit and gain brand exposure is without question IMHO, as well as bringing something special to the market re quality, performance and style.

Best

John... Smile

No-one ever regretted buying quality.

• 05-16-2011 3:52 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

elephant:
    I came to the conclusion that the reason B&O brought out 3D at the high end is that anyone who can afford the 85" probably won't complain when they have to change/upgrade it in 18 months time Laughing
    lol, they're probably the first to be on the phone thinking that they have missed out.  I know if i bought a $100k BMW and it was updated it shortly after, i wouldn't be happy!

I agree with you Paul that the 32" does look the best in the BV10 range. 

Speaking of new equipment, how about a new answering machine?  How do you Beoworlders record voice mail messages on your home phones at the moment (say if you have a BeoCom 5)?

• 05-16-2011 4:07 AM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Beoboiinoz:

Same with a Beovision 8-40 - made somewhere in Asia, not Struer I a believe (?).  

I think it's made in the factory they set up in The Czech Republic, i'm not 100% sure on that.

I once read that B&O believed that their main customer demographic is not with the super wealthy and senior age group but with younger to middle aged people with somewhat disposable incomes? The problem in this day and age is that consumerism has become disposable too! No one expects an iPhone or iPod to last for ever or even more than a few years, even if it is a high quality product. Majority of people now buy singles and random songs rather than albums online, again a somewhat disposable culture. My point is why then don't they make more products aimed at a slightly cheaper price point? I'm not saying cheapen the brand by making throw away items and manufacture everything in China but I believe BeoVision 8, BeoTime and BeoSound 8 are big sellers. I can't imagine BV4 103" and 85" will sell like hotcakes. Smaller items like BS 8, headphones or maybe offering people who by a BV8 a speaker package! Like if you buy a BV8 you can get 4 BL4's and a BL11 sub for a package price that is far cheaper than buying them all separate.

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next >