in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-15-2011 8:02 AM by beping7. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2011 6:10 PM

beovision 1 & beo4

Hi,

I'm a B&O newbie, have a beovision 1 LS (2001) tv and the beo4 remote (mk2 with vtape, atape buttons)

had to download the user manuals. Can't find settings to adjust colour, brightness, contrast. Colour needs dialing down a bit.

Does this tv even have screen colour settings ? If it does, can someone please tell me how to access those settings with the beo4 ?

Thanks Smile

• 05-14-2011 3:06 AM In reply to

• psand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-05-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

Re: beovision 1 & beo4

The user manual is split into two parts. It's not in the Guide, it's in the Reference Book (page 30). You can do the adjustment with almost any B&O remote, as it's done with the help of a screen menu. See the picture below.

• 05-14-2011 7:49 PM In reply to

Hi, thanks for the info but when the menu button is pressed only  TV, DVD, SETUP, TEXT  options are opened with the < or > buttons. The SETUP menu doesn't give access to picture controls.

Could the previous owners settings be blocking the other menus and if so, how can the tv & remote be reset ?

I downloaded the 40 page Guide but can't find a Reference manual.

• 05-15-2011 3:39 AM In reply to

• psand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-05-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

Apologies for pointing you in the wrong direction. As may be clear by now, I don't have a BV1 myself. What I do have is a MX 4200, which should be closely related to the BV1 from a software point of view. At least I thought so. And the instructions I posted were indeed from a BV1 Reference Book.

Easiest thing first: finding the BV1 Reference Book. You are perfectly right, there's none such available from the B&O site. I think it was originally provided on a CD that came with the BV1. However, if you upgrade your BeoWorld membership to Gold or Silver, you can get it from our archive!

There seems to be many slightly different BV1 versions. The one you have (LS) may not offer picture adjustment from the user-accessible setup menu. The only way would then be to enter the service mode. When in the user setup menu, press the sequence 0 0 GO on your Beo4 and you should get into the menu structure shown on the picture below. Be very careful – there's scope for creating serious mayhem here.

• 05-15-2011 8:02 AM In reply to

Did a reset and changed picture settings.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)