in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2011 4:57 PM by ipaul. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2011 9:06 PM

Beovision 3-32 HELP!!

I have a Beovision 3 that has suddenly stopped working. It is very slow to respond to IR commands, and when switched on the screen just stays black (but the light turns from red to green)

It was working perfectly one day then not at all the next day! odd...

Any suggestions as to what it may be?

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 05-09-2011 6:11 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 3-32 HELP!!

uh-oh... *gulp*

That does not sound good. If it still doesn't work after leaving it off at the powerpoint for 5 minutes, i'd leave it unplugged and call the service man. That's all you can do now, don't keep trying to switch it on because it could be a short...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-09-2011 8:36 PM In reply to

hmmm...

I'm trying to ascertain the problem before I load it up and take it to B&O Service. I might save myself a trip

• 05-10-2011 8:29 AM In reply to

Anyone???

• 05-10-2011 9:38 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

I am afraid it's the tube dying. My first BV3 did precisely the same thing. The light turns green but there is no degaussing noise ("spring-like" sound) and the picture doesn't come on. Usually the set won't respond to standby command after the fault. As far as I know one of the guns inside the tube is short and the tv won't start as the fault sensing stops the startup. 

The set MIGHT start working again, mine had long non-working periods and then sudden working periods. But even if it starts it might start leaking color to the picture (in my case, blue) and then it can shutdown by itself at any time. Far from enjoying watching Tv!

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 05-10-2011 2:51 PM In reply to

I have had the same with my Avant DVD. After replacing a large glass part it works like a charm again! So I.m afraid it might be the tube!

• 05-17-2011 1:58 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Jonathan:

hmmm...

I'm trying to ascertain the problem before I load it up and take it to B&O Service. I might save myself a trip

As far as i was aware, these sort of repairs are done in the home!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-17-2011 4:57 PM In reply to

Ok, i assume (writing this) you're able and skilled enough to work on the inside of the tv.

Try starting it up with the (video output-) board removed from the tube.

If, when swithed on, it makes the crackling sound of the EHT coming up, it's another sign the tube is (probably) finito :(.

I'm not sure if this works for a BV3 but it does with avant RF, just switch it off again a few seconds after doing this, not sure if it would cause any more damage keeping it on (but knowing the avant, not very likely...).

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)