in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2011 8:46 PM by cerberusjf. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2011 5:19 PM

Beocenter 7007, a compatible cd player?

Hi,

I recently bought a fully functioning (?) Beocenter 7007 off Ebay to replace my father's defunct 7002 (it still hasn't arrived yet).  I was wondering what cd players would be compatible with it?  Also although he still as the remote for the 7002, he can't find batteries for it.  Are they stilll made?

Thanks very much for any help.

• 05-06-2011 5:55 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 7007, a compatible cd player?

I would suggest a CDX - it will plug in using the Tape 2 RCA plugs . The remote, if the small hand held one, just takes a normal 9V battery. If you have the MCP, I think this uses AA batteries.

Of course any make of CD player will work with this Beocenter as it does have a Line In socket.

• 05-07-2011 6:43 AM In reply to

Thanks very much for the reply, the cdx looks lovely but there may not be enough space for it unfortunately.  Ideally I would like to include a dab radio too so would any dab cd player that has a "line out" be okay?  Sorry, I've never tried to match such different equipment before.

Thanks in advance

• 05-07-2011 5:25 PM In reply to

Should be fine! You could use one of the stacking B&O CD players but they do not lend themselves to this type of application as apart from the rarely seen remote for the CD50, you will lose all remote capabilities and get a very basic player.

• 05-11-2011 8:46 PM In reply to

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll try a few things out and hopefully one of them will work Smile 

Unfortunately, my father threw out the remote in a clear-out, so now I'm looking for a replacement that will work...  oh well...  I'll get the cassette belts from Martin as a back-up, just in case.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)