in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2011 9:21 AM by hfat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-04-2011 4:41 AM

Beomedia 1 and Avant

I have a Beovision Avant RF with VCR, connected to it is a DVD1 and Sky box - if I buy a Beomedia 1 does anyone have any idea how I could connect it?, do I need an AV expander? or is it just not possible?

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 05-04-2011 11:00 AM In reply to

Re: Beomedia 1 and Avant

Normally you can use a Beomedia 1 with a avant VCR.

Instead of the PC command (which the avant most likely doesnt know), you can change the setting from PC to VAux in the setup menu from the BM1.

The videosignal can be connected through composite (1 yellow lead) on one of the scarts or via the doorcam/camera input.

The problem your facing is the lack of a free scart.

Depending on the software of the avant, you can change in the setup of the avant the doorcam/camera instruction to another instructie, eg. VAux, Doorcam etc. But that depends on how old and which type the avant is. As it seems to be an RF version, there is software available to make it possible.

You can choose to use ML or to add an extra external ir-eye on the BM1. In both setups the BM1 will respond to the Beo4. But it the latter it will not be possible to use it in a linkroom.

But first I would investigate the alternative naming for the camera input. Go the setup menu, scroll down to connections/sockets. While standing on connnections, press Menu. Then Connections changes to Camera and press Go. 

• 05-08-2011 5:00 AM In reply to

Hi thanks for the reply, I tried your suggestion and I can change the CAM Corder input to STB (V.AUX), I'm then prompted for the type of STB. Does this mean then that if I connect via masterlink, pressing V.AUX would bring up the menu for Beomedia 1? and be able to control it from other rooms? If so that's brilliant and I will look at getting one.

One other thing, will I be able to import from iTunes, I have saved everything in Apple Losseless

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 05-08-2011 9:21 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

You have to change the connection from STB(V.AUX) to V.AUX and use an extra IR-Eye connected to BM1. BM1 can only receive commands via ML if your video or audio masters support PC and N.Music commands.

it's not a simple task to control BM1 with IR-Eye using V.AUX from link rooms. You wil have to use some non-B&O equipment.

You can store your music in ALAC, but you have to install an addistional codec. To get your music from iTunes to BM1 you can do it manually without the BeoPlayer application.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)