in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-02-2011 4:04 AM by scottyltd. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2011 5:39 PM

• Lanny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 8 and iPad 2

I just bought Beosound 8. It has great sound, especially for the higher bit rate music. I do have a couple of observations though:

1)  iPad 2 wobbles quite badly - it is too thin for the docking mechanism.  I write to Customer Service and the referred me back to my dealer but he has the same problem and at least another customer complained. I don't believe this is iPad tested/ready.

2) The B&O app in the AppStore is, well, amateur. I did buy it for the 12 Euro since I have a great iPad tuner app and I can also stream stations from my mac iTunes.

The major disappointment, though, is that with the unstable docking situation I would not want to wall-mount - the iPad 2 would fall out of the vertical position in no time.

• 04-27-2011 6:01 PM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 8 and iPad 2

1) the new ipad is at the bottom actually very thin. just a small line... A) the BS8 needs a suction knob or B) Airplay inside 

TT

• 04-27-2011 6:29 PM In reply to

Hi,

Beosound 8 should have Airplay from the beginning. Other brands are faster, p.e.:

http://uk.jbl.com/on-air-uk.html

Regards

Räuber

• 04-28-2011 12:21 AM In reply to

• Lanny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Yeah, well, but it is still B&O. When I put in my iPhone, I get AirPlay and stability. 

• 04-28-2011 6:37 AM In reply to

Taking the B&O product development cycle in considerartion, the BS8 is probably testet with an Ipod 1. generation back in the days. :-)

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 04-28-2011 6:47 AM In reply to

I think no one except Apple knew what the dimentions of the iPad2 were going to be before launch... So B&O bashing for the BS8 not being 100% iPad2 compatible is a bit harsh... let's just hope that some kind of adapter will surface.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 04-28-2011 7:08 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

A major drawback of being the Monkey rather than the Organ Grinder!

Apple can, at will, render your new product all but obselete overnight (not quite in this case but it should serve as a warning not to depend on Apple entirely for your product lineup).

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-28-2011 7:14 AM In reply to

Karel Uyttendaele:
    I think no one except Apple knew what the dimentions of the iPad2 were going to be before launch... So B&O bashing for the BS8 not being 100% iPad2 compatible is a bit harsh... let's just hope that some kind of adapter will surface.

Precisely what annoys me about all the cries on how B&O or whoever should "embrace" Apple - while at the same time Apple can do anything they want without any advance information to others or promise of continuity. And everybody thinks it's fine Confused

-mika

• 04-28-2011 1:05 PM In reply to

My dealer told me today that B&O already works on an AirPlay version of the BS8

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 04-28-2011 4:13 PM In reply to

• Lanny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

I quote from technical support response

We can inform you that iPad 2 is tested for use with BeoSound 8. 
    Furthermore we can inform you that we are working on a solution to make an iPad fit more stable on BeoSound 8. 

This is in direct response to the accusation of B&O bashing

• 04-28-2011 5:36 PM In reply to

Lanny.. it would have been "nice" if this was included in your original posting... :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 04-28-2011 5:38 PM In reply to

• Lanny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

It would have been if I had it.  It just arrived.

• 04-29-2011 12:00 PM In reply to

Apple Belatedly Addresses Locationgate, Admits to Software Bugs

A week after researchers discovered that Apple's iPhone and iPad devices were tracking and storing customer locations as they moved around geographically, the company finally issued an official response, disavowing some of the claims while admitting to software bugs. But he big question now is: What took Apple so long to explain itself? more

so lets bash apple for a change

• 04-29-2011 5:07 PM In reply to

Don't understand the fuzz about the whole "tracing" stuff.. It's been known since IOS4 was released. It's even been discussed in a couple of books. Granted.... positioning was recorded IN your iPhone, nothing was transmitted to Apple. Keep in mind that other smartphones do the same.

Also... whevenever you take money out of an ATM, make a cellphonecall... your ever move is being written in some database. Nothing new...

Now.. let's go back to B&O

• 04-29-2011 9:34 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

malcolm welborn:

Apple Belatedly Addresses Locationgate, Admits to Software Bugs

A week after researchers discovered that Apple's iPhone and iPad devices were tracking and storing customer locations as they moved around geographically, the company finally issued an official response, disavowing some of the claims while admitting to software bugs. But he big question now is: What took Apple so long to explain itself? more

so lets bash apple for a change

The iPhone remembers which WiFi networks it has discovered, and where it thought these networks were related in comparison to it's location according to GPRS in order to make the maps application more effective.

I've been using my iPhone 3GS since just after they came out and I haven't yet been hunted down Yes -  thumbs up

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-30-2011 4:29 AM In reply to

the problem is apple were storing the infoand was unencrypted, as against smartphones etc  who encrypted it and did not store, so the report said.

the CEO for apple admitted  the software bugs

• 04-30-2011 5:03 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

malcolm welborn:

the problem is apple were storing the infoand was unencrypted, as against smartphones etc  who encrypted it and did not store, so the report said.

the CEO for apple admitted  the software bugs

Not even a problem as far as I'm aware - no personal data was stored.

All a load of hype over absolutely nothing (as per usual with the media).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-01-2011 10:22 AM In reply to

• Lanny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Not only not a problem, but those who follow security issues had known about it for months before it became a feast for mainstream media. And no special free software was needed, either. If you want to look at the structure and content of my data, go to http://iplaq.com/iphone ...

• 05-02-2011 4:04 AM In reply to

Karel Uyttendaele:

Quite right!! Very, very harsh.

To think Bang & Olufsen were to know how iPad 2 was going to look like before launch. 

Was it going to be bigger, smaller, thinner, thicker................and the list goes on. Here are some examples of what people thought.

http://www.tiglu.com/Images/phtiPad2-Large.jpg

http://electronicinfo.us/wp-content/uploads/iPad-2-concept.jpg

http://kiwileaks.org/uploads/2011/02/68a9aea8c3dc8b425f70face801e2fe0.jpg

http://cdn1.mobilemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/x11-7inch-ipad-clone-1-640x282.jpg

How could anyone have guessed?

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)