in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-26-2011 4:44 PM by folkdeejay. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2011 6:27 PM

Connecting powerlink cables

Does anyone know if there is a way of connecting 2 powerlink cables together? I want to extend the length by 3 meters.  The current cable has been buried behind a wall but want to move my beolab 4's further away?

Thanks

Dan

• 04-20-2011 9:37 PM In reply to

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

Re: Connecting powerlink cables

I have purchased adapters a couple of times from the dealer but I don't know if they are still available.

The powerlink cable plugs into each end.

Peter
  • 04-21-2011 2:07 AM In reply to

You can get these adapters from your local dealer. Usually they have them available

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 04-21-2011 2:08 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Try maplins they may have an 8pin din - 8pin din female/female connector , or more likely steve at sounds heavenly - see foot of this page

also simple to make one up if you can use a soldering iron

salut

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 04-21-2011 3:04 PM In reply to

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the recommendation!  Yes, I have a Powerlink compatible Splitter adapter (with two female sockets and one male plug) approx. 20cm long that is a good way of joining, extending or combining Powerlink cables.  This is fully wired (all pins connected), so it can be used with any version of cable.  Please click on my banner below, go to the B&O product page and click on "Powerlink Y Splitters" for full details.

Wishing you a Happy Easter,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 04-26-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

Tony

Steve makes superb cables -- and the dealer supplied coupler will also work.

However, there is no reason for you to buy these.  You can easily, quickly and safely splice a length of cable in, with no loss of fidelity or functionality.

There is sheidling to be aware of - but you can keep the join to a few mm if you are neat - and this is no more "exposure" for the signal wire than is found in each plug/socket, or in the various cable junction boxes around.

Just make sure you connect like for like - there are various types of PL.

Ideally solder the joints - but careful "twist & tape" joints will also work ( and you can re-do the braided shield easily ) as long as you take care to avoid any shorts, and do not put the join under tension, risking it pulling apart.

I have installed HUNDREDS of PL cables over 20+ years, and have on occasion spliced cables for space/time reasons, to no detriment at all.

Others may tell you different - but this advice is usually followed closely by an invoice.Wink

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)