in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2011 6:42 PM by Harry2008. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2011 10:32 PM

Multiple Beosound 5s?

Is it is possible to have multiple Beosound 5s in a Masterlink system? I.E. a Beosound 5 in  each room controlling the speakers in that room from one Beomaster? If so, how would the second Beosound 5 be connected?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 04-19-2011 5:45 AM In reply to

Re: Multiple Beosound 5s?

You can place different BS5 in a masterlink system. But they will all have a BM5. Note the fortcoming BS5 Encore doesn't have ML (It is rumoured that B&o is working on a kind of solution). 

That doesn't mean you must have multiple music collections. Choose one as master place all your files on this master. Set this one up as music server (see set-up menu)

Now you can have simultanious multiple connections with this music server.

In the link system you have the possibility of five commands Radio, CD, A.Mem, N.Music & N.Radio. So I presume if the main BS5 is controlled with f.e. CD & Radio, locally you can choose N.Radio & N.Music for the local BS5 and CD, Radio for the main BS5.

• 04-20-2011 4:28 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

You can use one BM5, or one NAS with your music collection in it, and multiple Beosound 5 Encore. Everything connected via ethernet cabling. That would be a good solution I think, but we still have to see what such a system can do (Beonet)

• 05-05-2011 6:42 PM In reply to

mbee:

You can use one BM5, or one NAS with your music collection in it, and multiple Beosound 5 Encore. Everything connected via ethernet cabling. That would be a good solution I think, but we still have to see what such a system can do (Beonet)

I asked my dealer on this setup as well (BS5 in my living room, BS5 in my study and one BM5 as a library) my dealer looked in the documentation already available  and he confirmed that it seems that this will be one of the possibilities. In the end, we will have to wait what Steuer actually can provide and check whether it will work :-)

I also run a Mac Mini as server (with all my audio and video collections) as well. So, I was thinking that may be I better could have two BS5 Encore connected toward the Mac Mini to reduce the number of systems up and running 24/7 a bit. Have to wait to see whether that is a financial interesting solution/match the capabilities of the current setup.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)