in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-26-2011 8:08 PM by Jonathan. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2011 10:12 AM

Beolab 4 PC connect to Ouverture

Does anyone know if there's an adaptor to connect the Beolab 4 PC version to an Ouverture?

I know they're lacking the powerlink socket - is this the only difference and if there a way to get round it?

• 04-17-2011 10:17 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 4 PC connect to Ouverture

Sure. You adapt the PL socket using the DIN-RCA adaptor. That gives you a left & right RCA coming off a single PL socket. Then you run an RCA cable to the speaker and adapt it to 3.5mm mono at the end. All should be available from Radio Shack or a similar store. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-17-2011 10:21 AM In reply to

thanks for the quick reply, will the speakers auto power on in this setup?

• 04-17-2011 10:25 AM In reply to

They will. It will be just like connecting them to a PC from the standpoint of the speaker. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-26-2011 8:08 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

They will. It will be just like connecting them to a PC from the standpoint of the speaker. 

I like the Beolab 4s, and I don't  see why you'd pay $2000 (here in Australia) to get the powerlink version when the PC version for $1500 does exactly the same job!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)