in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2011 5:15 AM by mr_fruitbat. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2011 10:02 AM

BBC N.Radio not working with BT Infinity.

Hi,

I've recently switched form O2 to BT Infinity and since then I have a problem when listening to BBC radio stations on a BeoSound 5.  They keep loosing connection, buffering or just not playing at all (even though it says it's playing in PC mode).  Listening to the same stations on a PC works flawlessly so it must have something to do with the source that is used with the BeoSound for radio feeds, rather than the internet connection itself, which is causing a problem when used with Infinity.

The problem goes way if you connect using a different ISP. My local dealer has confirmed that my equipment is fine and has said they have another customer who uses Infinity who has exactly the same problem.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has noticed this and warn people that switching to Infinity may mean you can't listen to BBC radio stations. Hopefully as B&O are now aware of the problem it will be sorted.

Cheers.

Filed under:
  • 04-20-2011 2:10 PM In reply to

Re: BBC N.Radio not working with BT Infinity.

Very interesting, I use O2 and have exactly the same problem only with BBC radio channels. My dealer has taken logs and did take my BM 5 away for investigation. His tech guy managed to reproduce the issue in the showroom and did  a full software reset of the BM5 which seemed to resolve the issue.

It worked for a week or so when he delivered it back but then the issue came back!!

B&O in denmark have suggested that they change out my hard drive so that they can investigate the issue on my drive although not sure what they will learn from this.

As I mainly listen to BBC stations it is rendering the N.Radio feature useless

Will keep you updated as the issue progresses

Cheers

Steve

• 05-12-2011 11:41 AM In reply to

Have you managed to get the BBC stations working yet? We found that the main server were the database is held was not operating correctly and after a day all was resumed. I had a client issue with the same problem and I asked him to reset the router and this cleared the issue?!
  • 05-12-2011 1:17 PM In reply to

No, I got this message from B&O.

"Open ports for RTSP port 554 TCP and Shoutcast 8000-8001 TCP"

I did this but it didn't make any difference, so I'm still unable to listen to BBC stations.

• 06-13-2011 1:23 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

I have exactly the same problem with a Beomedia 1 - probably using the same database - and I'm also on BT Infinity. I find chosing say Radio 4, then waiting until it says it is playing, then switching to Radio 4 Extra and back again, it comes in just fine. This of course us useless if you want to use N.Radio as a wake-up radio channel!

• 10-13-2011 6:53 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Have you guys found a solution yet?

For my client with BT infinity we connected his BT infinity modem into a Draytek Router works ok.

Let us know how you get on.

• 10-14-2011 7:30 AM In reply to

Hi, I ended up replacing the BT HomeHub with an Apple Airport Extreme.  Since doing that the problem hasn't returned.

• 10-19-2011 7:28 AM In reply to

Hi,

I also ended up replacing my router, as I was with O2 I replaced the supplied Thompson router with a Netgear one. It immediately resolved the BBC issues

Cheers

Steve

• 10-19-2011 7:49 AM In reply to

Hi, don't be suprised if it stops working again. I didn't have the problem when I was with O2, it's only happened since I've been with BT Infinity. Changing the router cured the problem for a few weeks but as of today I can't get any mainstream or local BBC stations.

• 11-28-2011 5:15 AM In reply to

According to B&O the latest software update was supposed to fix this issue, unfortunately that's not the case.  It has improved it but the Radio is still cutting out regularly.

I hope the new man in charge takes a look at the way BeoSound 5 software projects are prioritised. I think it makes more sense to spend time on fixing existing faults than ignoring them and introducing new features, such as CD ripping, a feature that nobody seemed to require or be asking for since the BeoSound 5 was introduced.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)