in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-18-2011 5:21 PM by claudiu. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2011 6:39 AM

B&O Grafik Eye - RadioRa2 - MLG Questions

I have 3 of the beo grafik eyes (not wired together) in my home. I am looking to install a MLG and add'l light controls (RadioRa2 or newer Grafik eyes) and sivonia shade control. My question is can I now *wire* up my beo Grafik eyes and include them in the MLG? The Lutron site shows how to wire up the lutron version of the G3000 to their latest grafik eye models, whichbare compatible it appears with RadioRa2.

B
  • 04-16-2011 11:10 AM In reply to

Re: B&O Grafik Eye - RadioRa2 - MLG Questions

yes you can,

I have the same system installed in my apartment.

is much better to use a B&O GRAFIK Eye with mlgw, advantage of using the systems together or separately.

not all b&o products accept the order of [light] from a B&o remote.

http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/source/documents/mlgw_1.61a/MLGW%20product%20compatibility.doc

I do not hesitate to write if you have any questions.

Above is the link to B & O products that accept command of light to mlgw

• 04-17-2011 8:20 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

bsantini:
    I have 3 of the beo grafik eyes (not wired together) in my home. I am looking to install a MLG and add'l light controls (RadioRa2 or newer Grafik eyes) and sivonia shade control. My question is can I now *wire* up my beo Grafik eyes and include them in the MLG? The Lutron site shows how to wire up the lutron version of the G3000 to their latest grafik eye models, whichbare compatible it appears with RadioRa2.

B

The newer QS Grafik Eyes don't even need to be wired together ... they'll just be part of the Ra2 system.  I use Ra and Ra2 at home with MLGW and it's FANTASTIC.  Have also tied in Sivoia shades for a few clients and it's really amazing how cool they are.  If you're ever in the city stop by our showroom and check out some of the cool things we've been able to do!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 04-18-2011 3:39 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

the mlgw has no way to control the B&O grafik eyes,

Alex is correct.  It's much better to use either RadioRa2 Dimmers or 

by the RA2 grafik eye and use that in the system.

The B&O Grafik eyes will receive commands from a BEO4/5/6 but you must be 

in the room they are in to control them as there is no way for the MLGW to 'tell' them

what to do. . .

The RA2 system can be told to do by the MLGW and visa versa. . .you can use RA2 remotes to control B&O and visa versa.  . .

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 04-18-2011 4:46 PM In reply to

If the B&O Grafik eyes are wired together (RS232), you mean they couldn't be addressed by MLGW?

B

• 04-18-2011 5:21 PM In reply to

answer to your question is yes, you can integrate the three GRAFIK Eye b&o with mlgw.(rs232)and can be incorporated into the system Lutron sivoia qed . (using another interface,

and will occupy a zone for each lutron QED)

if you want to provide more money to change the whole system is easier to install rania2 (using radio frequency)

As I said ,the same system I installed in my apartment. and everything works like a dream.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)