in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-15-2011 6:15 AM by DrDimitris. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2011 1:07 PM

Beolab 2 - Speaker Connection

Well finally, thanks to Lee (and my savings Wink) a beautiful BL2 completes my surround setup of my BV7-32. I have read for a while the user manual, although i thought i knew the procedure. And this is what it says:

Dolby Digital system: The system has a dedicated SUBWOOFER socket, and all speakers are connected directly to your Bang & Olufsen system.

Dolby Pro Logic system: This system has no dedicated subwoofer socket. The front set of speakers is connected to BeoLab 2, and BeoLab 2 is connected to your Bang & Olufsen system. The rear set of speakers is connected directly to your Bang & Olufsen system.

Stereo system: The left and right speakers are connected to BeoLab 2, and BeoLab 2 is connected to your Bang & Olufsen system.

So what shall i do???  What is the real difference between these  setups?

If i connect it directly to the subwoofer position of my BV7-32, then i don't have a Stere System???? Hmm

Really appreciate your input!

-Dimitris

Filed under:
  • 04-14-2011 5:06 PM In reply to

Re: Beolab 2 - Speaker Connection

You connect the BL2 to the sub-woofer socket. I am not sure which manual you are reading - sounds like the original Avant. This set had different surround modules with the original one not having the sub-woofer socket. The 7-32 will have a sub-woofer socket.

• 04-14-2011 6:06 PM In reply to

Hi Peter. Thanks for the reply. I was reading the BL2 manual. My initial thought is what you have said. But this manual confused me more. And yes, the pictures that accompanied the different set-ups of the BL2 were with an Avant as the TV set.

-Dimitris

• 04-15-2011 1:50 AM In reply to

I attach the page of the BL2 user manual. Maybe now it is more clear and someone knows the difference...Hmm

-Dimitris

• 04-15-2011 2:31 AM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

I think Peter is right about the avant. On the bl2 you only have one in socket and this is link between your tv/beosound. The two out sockets on the bl2 are for your left and right speakers "IF" you have them both individually cabled. If you have daisy chained your speakers (looped) you just plug into one of the out sockets

• 04-15-2011 3:35 AM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

DrDimitris,

congratulation to your new BL2. Your neighbours will not be your friends any longer Big SmileIck!

Only if you plug your BL2 and your other speakers into the DSS-module of your BV 7-32, you will have the option to adjust your system proper.

Together with the two "three position switches" of the BL2 and the options of the DSS-module (subwoofer intensity and distance speaker to listener), you will receive a good effect for audio and video. If you do not use the subwoofer socket and the front- and rear speaker sockets of your BV7-32, you will not obtain the same result.

Take some time for the setup and enjoy.

Have a nice weekend.

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 04-15-2011 4:18 AM In reply to

I understand the confusion - the Beolab 2 manual is made to cover all eventualities. In your case, simply use the sub-woofer socket on the TV.

Just to muddy the waters slightly, some people prefer the sound with the speakers attached to the audio unit rather than the TV. This ios particularly true of earlier surround sound sets! The secret is to have a play for yourself! You won't break anything!

• 04-15-2011 6:15 AM In reply to

Thank you all for your contributions. I connected it just as my original plan was. Directly to the sub socket of my BV7. Oh and this chart helped me a bit.

Can't wait for my first Blu-Ray movie  tonight.... Big Smile

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)