in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-16-2011 5:58 AM by John. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2011 6:36 AM

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

No more Beocom 6000 and/or Beocom 2?

I've received the new Bang & Olufsen catalogue and the two phone Beocom 6000 and Beocom 2 are not inside of it...

Will they be faded out of production? Then I have to get a few ones as spare :-)

• 04-14-2011 3:23 PM In reply to

Re: No more Beocom 6000 and/or Beocom 2?

BeoCom 2 is on page 36-37 and BeoCom 6000/1 is on page 32-33. You are correct there are no specs for these or the BeCom 4, which is also in the catalogue - just those for the BeoCom 5. No doubt the details, as with most of the useful specs, are in the website.

• 04-16-2011 4:11 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • Melbourne Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

Peter :

BeoCom 2 is on page 36-37 and BeoCom 6000/1 is on page 32-33. You are correct there are no specs for these or the BeCom 4, which is also in the catalogue - just those for the BeoCom 5. No doubt the details, as with most of the useful specs, are in the website.

Yes, I noticed this as well and wondered..... I vaguely recall reading here sometime back, that due a production re-shuffle/re-think and re-focus on 'core' B&O values under the recently departed CEO, that the landline phones, along with Samsung made and co-branded Serenata mobile phones etc, were all going to be discontinued once their planned life cycles ended.

Am I correct in that horrendous thought?  It would be an absolute shame I feel for B&O to discontinue their home phone range, as they really are quite excellent, and certainly the best I have ever bought or used.  That you can also use them to lower the volume of ones B&O home AV system when a phone call comes in is also home integration and outstanding ergonomics true to core B&O values.  A real and deep disappointment if Struer have sadly decided to discontinue them.  I hope not...

John.... Cool

No-one ever regretted buying quality.

• 04-16-2011 5:33 AM In reply to

I'm sure the phones will be axed the moment they don't create enough revenue.

Dunno how this applies to B&O's market coverage in general, but in Finland and I believe most of Scandinavia landline phones are disappearing fast. You can usually babble half a day over the mobile for the monthly base fee of a landline phone, and calls from and to landline numbers are much more expensive as well. Most of the remaining landlines are at offices, or with people over 65...

-mika

• 04-16-2011 5:58 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • Melbourne Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

tournedos:

I'm sure the phones will be axed the moment they don't create enough revenue.

Dunno how this applies to B&O's market coverage in general, but in Finland and I believe most of Scandinavia landline phones are disappearing fast. You can usually babble half a day over the mobile for the monthly base fee of a landline phone, and calls from and to landline numbers are much more expensive as well. Most of the remaining landlines are at offices, or with people over 65...

That's a good point and also applies here in Australia to a great degree.  I abandoned a conventional PSTN landline about two years ago because of cost, in favour of VOIP - which is much cheaper and these days with a good modem/router features better sound quality than an analogue PSTN line as well.

I have two 2500's, a 1401 and a 1100 answering machine all running through VOIP.  When at home I prefer using them to my iPhone because the sound quality is much better, the handsets are light and more pleasant to hold for extended conversations, and there are no batteries to run flat, or concerns about long conversations exposing me to RF radiation etc.  As such, whilst I use the iphone a great deal, I still like the idea of a corded or cordless phone running off VOIP that betters a mobile for sound quality and ergonomics, and also allows me to have two separate lines.

Needless to say they also look dead smart in the room, and I greatly enjoy that as part of the appeal of owning B&O products.

Cheers

John... Smile

No-one ever regretted buying quality.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)