in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-13-2011 5:22 PM by solderon29. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-12-2011 8:56 PM

• Rex
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 15
    • Bronze Member

Beocenter 9500 CD SPINDLE MOTOR FAILURE.

Hello guys.  I have a bit of a dilemma.  I have taken my 9500 to the B&O workshop as it wouldn't play CD's.  They told me it is the spindle motor that has failed.  Has anyone any idea where I can source one?  I have a CDX CD player, is it the same motor?  I would hate to not be able to fix unit as it has sentimental value and looks like new.  It would be a waste.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Thanks!! Sad

• 04-13-2011 9:51 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 9500 CD SPINDLE MOTOR FAILURE.

I suppose it is possible but it's a new one on me! I've never seen one with a spindle motor failure.

Are they sure? Or just spinning you a line!

Just because the CD doesn't spin it is not neccessarily the motor that has failed.

The CD will not spin until laser focus is  found.

It is so uncommon that I would ask them to check the motor again.

Regards Graham

• 04-13-2011 9:59 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I agree.

I've heard the diagnose before but it was always the laser current and/or focus that was off.
    If the laser don't see the CD, the spindle motor won't start.
    Some decks give a tiny jerk with the CD if they don't get a reflection at the first beam of the laser
    in an attempt to rotate the CD away from an eventual dark spot and then shoot a second beam.

Martin

• 04-13-2011 5:22 PM In reply to

This can happen,but rarely,and only with the later '9500 direct drive dc spindle motor.There are fusible resistors to protect the motor supply in case of motor siezure/burnt commutator etc.If they blow,then obviously there is no motor supply.

I've never had any problems with the earlier induction type spindle motor,fitted to the first generation of '9500.

It seems you could benefit from a second opinion

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)