in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-10-2011 8:11 PM by Jonathan. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-06-2011 12:12 AM

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

Sydney recommendations pls

I am not at all happy with my current store and people there, have gone into purchase a new TV on 2 separate occasions to replace my Avant DVD (first new product for a couple of years) and ended up walking out without placing an order. 

They just haven’t done it for me for a number of reasons…. Basically I want to be ensured that if I was to purchase a new TV it will integrate with the rest of the ML products in my house including the Avant and some product direction for digital TV recording STB.

So if you have a great Sydney experience and wish to share where that was or MP me that would be great

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 04-06-2011 3:37 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Re: Sydney recommendations pls

I have found that Sydney King Street store have had excellent service.  When i was in Sydney, I purchased new covers for the BL4's and thought, wow, they are easy going and informative.  

I totally felt povvo (embarrassed) going in just for covers but they were fine that i was hardly spending anything.

• 04-06-2011 11:37 AM In reply to

Unfortunately, like everything else considered 'premium' in Sydney, people have become increasingly snobby as well as full of attitude yet ignorant. The fact there are only 3 stores in Sydney now makes the options of 'shopping around' difficult. Have done exactly the same thing as you walking out on several occasions at each of the stores over the years, especially when you walk in and doesn't look like you own a multi million property, drives a Ferrari or a fancy yacht, despite over the years, I have probably made many more purchases (including everything from the cheapest A8 earphones to top of the line BL5s) than the average buyer who go in for just a e.g Beosound 9000. I distinctly remember one experience where I walked in the store pretty much decided to buy a pair of BL5s but the store manager was busy trying to sale a Beosound 9000 to this seemingly 'rich' couple (typical Sydney sun glasses on the head look!) who knows nothing about B&O, despite me hanging around for 30 minutes in the store with absolutely no attention given to me at all - would have been a much easier sale to me! Ended up delaying the purchase of it for 2 years which worked out well, because the price of the BL5 went down for several thousands at the time I visited one of the stores with a new store manager who was much more helpful and down to earth. The issue is a lot of the sales consultants are inexperienced and they prefer to sell to those who appear to know very little about B&O apart from the fact they are seem rich and willing to spend, as opposed to 'enthusiasts' who may know more as they have owned products for longer than they have worked for the brand and done lots of research and reading about a product on sites like this. Not sure if this is because they don't operate on a commission bases and they just get paid a premium salary instead? 

But I will probably overall agree that the King street store probably may be the best one to try as they have some of the longest working sales consultants in Sydney who knows about their products and are willing to be helpful. The one on the north had been good in the past but they have recently changed the store manager and I haven't purchased since so can't comment. Paddington will probably be full of attitude given where the store is, again, I haven't been to them for years so not sure if it's still the same! 

Sorry to have sounded bitter about it all but 'good' to hear that other people have felt similarly who I can emphasise with and a good opportunity for me to vent too! I still love the brand and it's products, but the experience of buying them certainly at times have not been as enjoyable as the products themselves! 

• 04-06-2011 8:01 PM In reply to

My advice... come down to Melbourne and buy from any of the 3 stores.  Camberwell - Store Manager is excellent, probably the most knowledgeable person when it comes to B&O

Armadale - Excellent store manager

Collins Street - Annie

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 04-06-2011 9:14 PM In reply to

• cthnss
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-07-2011
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

My experience at Paddington is that the staff are pleasant and professional. I would be reluctant to judge a store based on some location stereotype. I know that the showroom manager, Ivan, has been with B&O for many years and I have found his customer service to be exemplary.

• 04-07-2011 4:25 AM In reply to

Jonathan:
    Collins Street - Annie

LOL; yes, Annie is delightfully enthusiastic and always a pleasure to visit

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 04-07-2011 8:00 PM In reply to

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

Appreciate your reply’s and recommendations.

This might well be very timely as I received a letter from B&O yesterday offering $1000 off any TV in their range when you trade in a TV (won’t be my Avant though) until end May.

I’m obviously going to the wrong store… will visit Paddington and King Street over the coming weeks.  I do get to Melbourne a couple of times a year to catch with friends, might bring a trip forward and allow time to visit a couple the stores their too. 

Looking forward to a better experience

Glad I am not alone in what I felt from where I was going, hope B&O Australia visit this forum!

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 04-08-2011 6:26 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Yendys:

Glad I am not alone in what I felt from where I was going, hope B&O Australia visit this forum!

So do i! When a company is charging a premium, they MUST deliver on every level!!! Customer service is paramount!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-10-2011 8:11 PM In reply to

Yendys:

This might well be very timely as I received a letter from B&O yesterday offering $1000 off any TV in their range when you trade in a TV (won’t be my Avant though) until end May.

No need to trade in!!! It's just a flat $1000 off ANY B&O Television!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)