in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-28-2011 5:40 PM by leogenghis. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2011 10:01 AM

My BV10-40 freezes occasionally

Experience sometimes a strange problem.

I operate e.g. my cablebox with my Beo4. Suddenly the BV10 (and the cablebox) stops responding to all commands from the Beo4 and the green light (the one that is lit during startup) is lit. If I press and hold the poweroff button on the Beo4 to switch everything off, nothing happens with the TV but if I have other stuff swith on, on the Masterlink system, they switch off.

All I can do to rectify the problem is to unplug the power to the TV. When plugged in, everything is normal again.

I have the latest software.

Anyone experienced this problem?

/C

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 04-04-2011 10:10 AM In reply to

Re: My BV10-40 freezes occasionally

My 8-40 did the same last night. It froze when I switched from DTV to PC... I tried holding the power button, like you, but nothing happened. After a couple of minutes and a lot of pressing the power button, the TV finally powered down. Then everything worked fine...?!

DVB-HD: 0.1.6.5 (0.1.6.6 is available on the website for download)
    Build: 127 

I was the second place winner on the BeoWorld May 2009 Prize Draw!

Thanks to BeoWorld for a great site!

• 04-04-2011 3:41 PM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

the latest TV software (not HDmodule) is 166!

Could also be the cable, change it and use a 100 mhz cable

Best regards Oliver

• 04-05-2011 3:29 AM In reply to

OKF:

the latest TV software (not HDmodule) is 166!

Could also be the cable, change it and use a 100 mhz cable

I have Build 165 which I understand is the latest for Beovision 10.

What do you mean with a 100 mhz cable?

/Claes

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

• 06-15-2011 8:57 PM In reply to

Sorry to be late to the discussion but this happened to my BV10-40 twice. Both were within a few days of each other sometime in May. It has not happened since. I don't know how to check the firmware number but it was from spring 2010. Around the same time another issue surfaced: there are split second cuts in the audio. Weird.

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 06-16-2011 5:32 AM In reply to

BV8-40 (same chassis?) is certainly capable of doing this. It seems to happen when the (very noisy) fan starts up when it has been on a while. You have to wait a while for it to respond to any inputs from the remote control. This and the painfully slow response time to change from one source to another needs to be fixed. 

• 06-16-2011 7:10 AM In reply to

leogenghis:

Sorry to be late to the discussion but this happened to my BV10-40 twice. Both were within a few days of each other sometime in May. It has not happened since. I don't know how to check the firmware number but it was from spring 2010. Around the same time another issue surfaced: there are split second cuts in the audio. Weird.

Leo

Hmmm,, sorry to hear that there are others that have experienced this.

Press MENU "0" "0" "go" and look under "Monitor Information". There you can find which "Build" that is installed.

I got the Build 166 yesterday. There were only one change compared to 165, an that was in one of the "bigger" modules according to the service technician. 

I´m trying to have the set exchanged under warranty, since I still have a problem with "crack" noises from the chassi that B&O tried to unsuccessfully rectify by retrofitting new cooling plate.

• 06-16-2011 7:10 AM In reply to

I still have a problem with my BV10-40 whereby the DVB-HD module cuts out most nights, half an hour after being turned on, for no apparent reason - latest DVB-HD software installed. One minute you're engrossed in a program, hanging on a line of dialogue, and the next the sound disappears, the picture freezes, screen goes blank, ugly grey clock makes a reappearance and eventually (two minutes later) the picture returns to the channel the television was tuned to when first switched on, which may or may not be the one you were watching when it cut out. By this stage the crucial line of dialogue has been missed, and interest in the program has waned - hardly the involving experience of transforming one's living room into 'other worlds' as promised in the B&O brochure.

Is it a software issue? If so it needs to be fixed. Pronto.

That, combined with the large white blotch at the top of the screen visible at night during dark scenes (not seen by the serviceman during the day), somewhat devalues the joy of B&O ownership...

• 06-16-2011 7:58 AM In reply to

futurist:

I still have a problem with my BV10-40 whereby the DVB-HD module cuts out most nights, half an hour after being turned on, for no apparent reason - latest DVB-HD software installed. One minute you're engrossed in a program, hanging on a line of dialogue, and the next the sound disappears, the picture freezes, screen goes blank, ugly grey clock makes a reappearance and eventually (two minutes later) the picture returns to the channel the television was tuned to when first switched on, which may or may not be the one you were watching when it cut out. By this stage the crucial line of dialogue has been missed, and interest in the program has waned - hardly the involving experience of transforming one's living room into 'other worlds' as promised in the B&O brochure.

Is it a software issue? If so it needs to be fixed. Pronto.

That, combined with the large white blotch at the top of the screen visible at night during dark scenes (not seen by the serviceman during the day), somewhat devalues the joy of B&O ownership...

The DVB-HD issue must be software, and you should not accept a problem like that. I know that the DVB-HD has been updates several times. You can update by software you download from B&O webpage. Have you done that? Also make sure that you have Build 166, which is the latest. That firmware upgrade has to be installed by a technician.

The "white blotch" is also called ghosting. It´s is a problem widely discussed in this forum, and is a problem for most LED screens. Mine improved when a new cooling plate was installed, so I´m not bothered with it.

All in all I think you should address your problems to your dealer, that should help you out.

/C

• 06-16-2011 10:29 AM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

did you check you line in house? I think it is more of a quality line issue then a hardware issue. I do have the same problem but I think at certain times the line declines. I do not know why but I know that the digital signal needs to have a particular quality. I think I will switch to sat because I am sick and tired of it.

Best regards Oliver

• 06-16-2011 6:39 PM In reply to

Same problem sometimes... Not exactly enjoying it...

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 06-16-2011 6:41 PM In reply to

Another intermittent problem I'm having is that the TV starts up without picture, then a shutdown and re-start is required, always sorts the problem.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 06-28-2011 5:40 PM In reply to

bayerische:

Another intermittent problem I'm having is that the TV starts up without picture, then a shutdown and re-start is required, always sorts the problem.

I've also experienced this! Although I always assumed I just pressed a wrong button on the Beo4...

david707:

It seems to happen when the (very noisy) fan starts up when it has been on a while.

This might have some relationship to the problem. I don't use air-conditioning and the times when it has happened is during warmer days and when I've had the set on for a long time.

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)