in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-31-2011 4:34 AM by Large48. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-21-2011 4:07 PM

• Bundy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-25-2008
    • Bolderslev, Denmark
    • Posts 58
    • Gold Member

Beocenter 1 worth buying?

Hi

My daughter needs a stereo in her room. I have thought of buying a Century, but looking through the used section the paper, I fell over a Beocenter 1. Both items are app. 10 years old. But what do you think will be best and durable for the future?

Mogens

• 03-21-2011 4:15 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 1 worth buying?

Hi, I have a beovision 1 in my bedroom and its a great set!  The sounds is brilliant and I can only think that the beocenter can only be better!  

• 03-21-2011 4:20 PM In reply to

• Bundy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-25-2008
    • Bolderslev, Denmark
    • Posts 58
    • Gold Member

Hi, is there anything I should be aware of when checking a Beocenter 1 ?

• 03-21-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

In think that the dvd can be problematic?? Someone would possibly be better qualified to answer that 

• 03-22-2011 4:31 AM In reply to

It is a nice set (See also the product description here). I do not know how old your daughter is, nor what the total setup is. But looking at my own daughter, she is using an iPod regularly and sometimes a nintendo too. So you should have a look whether you can connect more devices if needed as well.

I have a BC6 in my work room and connecting modern hardware to it, is not the most straightforward thing. As the BC1 has more or less the same connections you will stumble over this as well. However if you main objective is to watch TV/DVD and listen to a CD/radio the setup is very nice. You can even buy a surround kit if needed :-).

• 03-22-2011 5:23 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Does she actually want a TV though? Maybe a Beosound 3 with its SD card for her MP3 music, and obviously the radio for the drivel that Radio 1 blast out. I have both and appreciate the Beosound 3 more personally.

One of the used B&O retailers is selling a Beolab 2000 on Ebay for £250 at the moment! Would that not work? Item number 230599362365

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 03-22-2011 8:19 AM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

I would recommend BeoCenter 1 as it is really affortable Bang & Olufsen musicsystem with a tv attached. Just be sure to have Beo4 if you need to access dvd menus as it can be quite frustrating with Beo1 remote. Picture quality is still great.

I have one in study and kids often watch dvd's with it. And yeah - I would buy it again.  

• 03-22-2011 10:08 AM In reply to

• Bundy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-25-2008
    • Bolderslev, Denmark
    • Posts 58
    • Gold Member

Thank you for your replys. My daughter is 10 and she would like something to watch TV on an hear CD,s and sometimes hear music from her mobilephone. The price for these Beocenter 1 is relly low I think App. 300-350 pund 330-400 euro. The centurys go for a little more.

I understand that people are generally happy with their Beocenter 1. No bad DVD like the DVD1?? ect.

• 03-22-2011 5:54 PM In reply to

My Beocenter 1 is giving great service. It's a really elegant TV with good sound. For viewing in an average sized room or bedroom the screen size and 4:3 screen is not a great disadvantage and the picture quality is not matched by later TVs of similar size.

There's always a risk when buying used. I haven't had any problems and the DVD mechanism is very elegant. However Lee has posted elsewhere that the DVD mechanism can have problems. I was lucky with an eBay purchase but the safer way to go would be to purchase with a guarantee from a dealer.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-30-2011 11:20 AM In reply to

• Bundy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-25-2008
    • Bolderslev, Denmark
    • Posts 58
    • Gold Member

Hi again

What about getting a beovision 1 and a beomedia1? Does the screen turn on when listening to N. Radio and N.music? The beovisions are even cheaper and if it breaks i still have the beomedia. Any thoughts??

Mogens

• 03-30-2011 4:38 PM In reply to

I think you may need an audio master for that and if i remember right you need a flat screen tv?? I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!

• 03-31-2011 4:34 AM In reply to

I have a BC1 in the conservatory and its great for TV / DVD / Radio / Wii (via the Camera connection).

Easy to add a Video or STB run device.

Buy a later one so you can add surround sound at a later date.

Cheap and good. for once!

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)