in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-14-2011 6:02 PM by Leslie. 71 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2011 1:36 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: cx50 refurb with pictures!

Leslie:

What did you do with the B&O text on the front and the stripe on the sides?

You may be able to reproduce the font with Helvetica Lettraset. Not sure what font size you'd need.

The stripes can be done using THIS guys vinyl pinstripes - really good quality graphic stripes. I've used his black ones on CX50's & 100's with good results.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-26-2011 1:47 PM In reply to

Hi Chris, I had a look at the lettering but its to small for a decal company to make. They could print it on clear! The pinstripe is an option i will have a look into cheers Nick 

• 03-26-2011 1:59 PM In reply to

all done with cleaned frets!  That little dot on one of the frets isn't a hole its something on the camera lense

• 03-26-2011 2:25 PM In reply to

Nickyg63:
    Painted over, I'm afraid!

Same as mine. Don't have any alternatives fore the text but for the stripes on the side you can use transparent laquer. Just tape the sides off.

For the black I have been using a sort of glossy tape which they use for making lines on a whiteboard.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 03-26-2011 5:42 PM In reply to

Medogsfat:

Leslie:

What did you do with the B&O text on the front and the stripe on the sides?

You may be able to reproduce the font with Helvetica Lettraset. Not sure what font size you'd need.

Chris.

Use Beofont.ttf. search the net or here, I dont remember where but its somewhereBig Smile

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 03-26-2011 5:49 PM In reply to

Medogsfat:
    The stripes can be done using THIS guys vinyl pinstripes - really good quality graphic stripes. I've used his black ones on CX50's & 100's with good results.

You make me happy Chris! Thanks a lotYes -  thumbs up

Now I can hide those (yellowished) white stripes with these....

Beovirus? What's that?

• 03-26-2011 7:01 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Have you thought about trying this stuff for lettering?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=Inkjet+Decal+Paper&_sacat=See-All-Categories

You would have to finish off with laquer of some sort!

Olly.

• 03-26-2011 8:25 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Nickyg63:

all done with cleaned frets!

Really really nice job Nick. Cannot beat the professional approach, but you've just GOT to recloth the frets in white though. It does mean painting the frames white/light before you start though or they'll show through unfortunately.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-27-2011 3:05 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

Nickyg63:

all done with cleaned frets!

Really really nice job Nick. Cannot beat the professional approach, but you've just GOT to recloth the frets in white though. It does mean painting the frames white/light before you start though or they'll show through unfortunately.

Chris.

Hi Chris, I did think about white frets but I am not convinced?  I have thought about a nice wine red and doing my pentas as well?  

I may get shot for this, but has anyone ever seen pentas painted??  I wonder if it makes them look even bigger?

Whats everyones thoughts?

• 03-27-2011 3:09 AM In reply to

Leslie:

Medogsfat:

You make me happy Chris! Thanks a lotYes -  thumbs up

Now I can hide those (yellowished) white stripes with these....

We use a cutting compound at work I bet that would clean up the yellowed stripes! Ask at any bodyshop for a little bit of compound that they will machine polish with, Cheers Nick 

Or I can send you some if you wish?

• 03-27-2011 4:18 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Nickyg63:
    I may get shot for this, but has anyone ever seen pentas painted??

No but THIS thread shows Pentas with white frets and because these cover a vast area of the speaker it might give an indication what they could look like.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 03-27-2011 4:25 AM In reply to

Stonk:

Nickyg63:

No but THIS thread shows Pentas with white frets and because these cover a vast area of the speaker it might give an indication what they could look like.

I think it might look smart painted white?

• 03-27-2011 12:02 PM In reply to

Nickyg63:

Stonk:

Nickyg63:

I think it might look smart painted white?

Not so sure. I remember reading somewhere that one of the ideas behind the design was that the sides should mirror the surroundings, helping the speakers to blend in. It certainly works that way in this doghouse I'm living in.

If painted, I'm afraid they would need a lot of free space around them to look anything but completely odd.

-mika

• 03-27-2011 12:20 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

I like the white covers I think, but I would not touch the sides personally and I like white! Of course it is a taste and / or an evironment thing.

Olly.

• 03-27-2011 4:28 PM In reply to

Re: cx50 refurb

Leslie:

Got some excellent cloths in white for you which I bought from Ebay.

Have these also in blue/black/red. If you need for just these 2 speakers I can send them to you for free (together with the MCL2P?Smile

Leslie what does make this cloth so excellent? Is this better then speaker cloth from a local shop or other webshops?

• 03-27-2011 4:39 PM In reply to

The more I look at my pentas the more I think that they should stay as they are!  I think the frets will look good but keep the steel I say!

• 03-27-2011 5:00 PM In reply to

pacificocean:
    Leslie what does make this cloth so excellent? Is this better then speaker cloth from a local shop or other webshops?

I think because of the pattern and colours and cheap?

Beovirus? What's that?

• 03-27-2011 5:19 PM In reply to

Thanks Leslie. Does this work for Redline speakers as wel? If so which colour to pick? And I do not see the tape in the same shop or did you buy it somewhere els?

Sorry Nickyg63 for stealing your topic. Please let me know when it is bothering you.  I will create my own topic then.

• 03-27-2011 5:44 PM In reply to

pacificocean:

Thanks Leslie. Does this work for Redline speakers as wel? If so which colour to pick? And I do not see the tape in the same shop or did you buy it somewhere els?

Sorry Nickyg63 for stealing your topic. Please let me know when it is bothering you.  I will create my own topic then.

Off course it will work for RL's. Did a few myself and Penta's as well. I "borrowed" tape from my employerEmbarrassed. It's very thin and very, very sticky so it works excellent! Colour however is very personal. Sometimes you have to take a challenge to change. I prefer red with white.

Maybe I will try our national Dutch colour Red White and Blue for the CX100Cool Cool man.....

Beovirus? What's that?

• 03-28-2011 6:14 PM In reply to

Did these this evening for my CX100 in red.

Beovirus? What's that?

• 03-29-2011 1:21 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Superb photos and superb job Leslie!

Cheers

Nigel

• 03-29-2011 1:45 PM In reply to

h1npw:

Superb photos and superb job Leslie!

Cheers

Nigel

Thank you Nigel, my only concern were the white stripes on the sides which became yellow (why is that?).

Chris has given me the solution and have ordered a few meters on Ebay.

The red really looks fabulous. The next CK50's or/and 100's will be blue.

So, now refoaming and cloths is so easy to doWhistle after lots of failures Super Angry 

Beovirus? What's that?

• 03-29-2011 5:13 PM In reply to

• jahur
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-07-2011
    • planet zonk
    • Posts 161
    • Bronze Member

they look stunning, i had a set of these with white frets, i purchased from bang and olufsen of willen some years ago, i put the frets into soak with silk washing solution and they came up a treat. i used autoglym wax for the cabinets. superb!

(formerly nokinnikon from the old site)

• 09-17-2011 5:35 PM In reply to

Leslie, Can you specify the Tesa tape your using? Do you have a type number or name? I was not able to find such tape at Gamma or Praxis etc. Maybe I am able to find it somewhere else with more spedific information.

• 09-17-2011 5:44 PM In reply to

Will let you know on Monday okay? Are you from Holland since Praxis and Gamma are typical Dutch DIY stores. I could give you some if it's just for a pair of speakers....

Beovirus? What's that?

Page 2 of 3 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >