in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-09-2011 2:58 AM by Chrisreunion. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2011 12:56 PM

Beoplayer iOS

The latest version of the Beoplayer iOS would seem to be available and the paid version with alarm clock and 13000 radio channels is also there - for £9.49. Reviews of this are less than enthusiastic at present I am afraid!

• 03-15-2011 1:26 PM In reply to

Re: Beoplayer iOS

Peter :
    the paid version with alarm clock

I just checked, and the alarm clock function is still in the free version.

I can't recall what the "About" function used to look like, but now it certainly has a detailed BeoSound 8 advertisement and set of specifications.

Sadly changing the colour scheme is less exciting than I expected ... it just changes the colour of the dots on the clock face, not the face itself ... and you access it via the Configuration Settings / Preferences app, not the Beoplayer itself.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 03-15-2011 1:29 PM In reply to

I deleted it! Surprise

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-15-2011 5:00 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Rather expensive IMHO. I would expect something better but already with Linkplayer and iTunes the whole package is better!

Best regards

Spiros

• 04-08-2011 9:53 AM In reply to

I'm sorry, but ot looks like the reviews are even better than deserved (as the focus only on price, while the bugs are even worse).

There are some strange bugs and even stranger omissions in the BeoPlayer for iPhone 1.1
    Where we can get some support? A $15.99 app should be well supported, lots of the free ones have excellent support!
    I know that this would not provide the main stream of money for B&O or the developer, but if they do not plan to make it good, why make it at all (and charge five times more the price of other apps!!)?
    So, I'd like to find out:
    - Why the alarm radio stops after 15 minutes or so and how to prevent this?
    - Why the app do not prevent the iPhone from locking and dimming the screen? (which makes the clock absolutely useless and the app itself a pain to operate!)?
    - How about some more stations and even a way to add our own? The catalog seems big, but actually is full of streams of regular airwave radios. Internet stations are only a few.

The app looks sleek and has the best interface from the radio apps. However the price is five times more than the closest competitor and the bugs do make it near useless. After two weeks of trying, I got fed up and turned back to TuneIn. Update it!!!

Edit: And I'd hate to say the competitor is better, but if B&O wants to do it right - can take a look at the Bose's AM/FM app - at $2.99 it's not cheap again, but five times less than the B&O's one. It has sleek interface, far more stations and just works!

• 04-08-2011 2:15 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

A few months ago my BeoPlayer App quit working on my iPod 4. I liked the clock feature and alarm but I guess I will have to delete it and reinstall it.

As far as the radio thing goes, I only listen to DR P3 over N.Radio and they have their own free app Smile So the free version of BeoPlayer is acceptable.

Evan

• 04-08-2011 2:15 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Double post.

Evan

• 04-09-2011 2:58 AM In reply to

I like the BeoPlayer interface, however for me, it lacks 2 major things: - as for all other B&O softwares, the NRADIO mode (whatever you call it) still doesn't show either track or artist names, like BeoPlayer for PC and even BeoSound 5; for a company that is supposed to care about the artists, I find it surprising; only the third-party Mac-based interfaces (Linkplayer and BMLink) make this possible in B&O world - it is only available in english! When will we have the same languages as the ones available for BeoSounds?

Reunion Island is greeting you!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)