in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-23-2011 8:21 AM by ablaumeise. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2011 5:34 PM

White 70s Beosystem 2000 STILL for sale - Germany

While I'd love to keep this, I just don't have the space anymore.

Beomaster 2000 & Beogram 2000. Bought from the first owner, with all paperwork (warranty, delivery papers, manuals). Manuals are international (German/French/Dutch).

Restored some months ago. Changed the caps, lights and most pots on the BM, changed the belt and re-lubricated the BG.

Everything is working fine, I used them on a daily basis in the last months. Some small problems: The keys on the BM have become loose again and need to be re-glued once more. The stylus on the BG is rather worn and sounds pretty bad.

Optically they are more or less flawless. Some small scratches and "fingerprints" on the keys on the BM, the usual superficial scratches on the BG lid. I can mail you close-up pictures.

Price: Looking for 160€ for the lot. Shipping to Europe is something around 25-30€.

• 03-14-2011 5:41 PM In reply to

Re: White 70s Beosystem 2000 for sale

Beautiful! Wish I was "over there!"
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 03-14-2011 6:31 PM In reply to

Lust. Pure unadulterated lust. Dont see stuff like that here in the USA.

• 03-14-2011 7:17 PM In reply to

I could also send it "over there". No problem. Big Smile Something around 65€.

The BM should work, but the BG won't run on 60Hz. But it shouldn't be too hard to find a matching motor - it's the same one used on most of the early Beograms...

• 03-14-2011 8:32 PM In reply to

Wow! If you'd be willing to ship to the US... then I will call dibs! I am mobile right now -I will send you a PM in the morning!
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 03-14-2011 10:10 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

burantek:
    Wow! If you'd be willing to ship to the US... then I will call dibs! I am mobile right now -I will send you a PM in the morning!

Of course that means you'll be selling something of yours to make room.

Dibs on whatever Jaff sells to make room!  Stick out tongue

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 03-15-2011 10:06 AM In reply to

All,

I have recused myself from these items -so step up before they are gone!

They are absolutely amazing and I hope they go to a deserving home!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-15-2011 5:45 PM In reply to

You'll regret that sooner or later. Stick out tongue

They sure are amazing. I had to get rid of all the stuff I don't really use - after selling various Beomasters, Beograms and Beocenters all that remained was this system and a white BC 1800. Took me over a month to make up my mind. In the end, the BC is just more convenient for my small apartment - and I prefer the turntable on it both for the pickup and the mechanics.

So far my repairs and items always survived international shipping. Even the Beograms. Big Smile

Except that one time when a (another) Beocenter 1800 arrived with all lamps busted. Still curious as to how they managed to do that.

Just had another look at them. As I wrote, they are more or less flawless. The BM has some fingerprints to the keys - the lettering is ok, the keys are just somewhat brighter is the middle - the off-key is the worst one, you can see that in the second picture. I guess you should be able to clean/polish the metal, it just never bothered me that much.

There are some superficial scratches to the scale, you can only see them if you look real closely.

Also, the paint is slightly chipped right under the P3/P4 keys (a strip of about 1mm width - really small, another one of these "you have to look real closely").

Apart from that it is in mint condition.

The Beogram is flawless except for the scratches to the lid. There are some bigger and deeper scratches, but I'm sure they can still be polished out. Also, the "finger grip" on the tonearm is faded similar to the keys.

I'm not sure whether or not the Pick-up is original. Might be an aftermarket one - there's no lettering on it and the metal on it is somewhat brighter. Also, it sounds really bad. Will have to be replaced or re-tipped anyway.

• 04-14-2011 7:31 AM In reply to

Last chance. Still 160€.

This evening it'll be on eBay...

• 07-19-2011 2:55 PM In reply to

uh. Just realized this is still sitting in a box in the basement. Now come on, everybody is always talking about absolutely needing to have one of these. Here it is. Perfect condition, except for some easy fixes. Worldwide shipping. Safely packaged. That's more than you usually get on ebay or other places.

So this is really your last chance. I absolutely have no space for it here and it needs to go. And I don't really feel like putting it on ebay and dealing with the usual bunch of imbeciles.

• 07-19-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

I would love to have that BM2000 but I can't accommodate another Beogram (two, one still in box on the floow as I have no place for it), and I wouldn't dare to break this combo. Sad

Or... ? Geeked

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 07-19-2011 4:56 PM In reply to

I still have the original receipt from when the BM and the BG were bought alongside one another in a HiFi-shop in Schwäbisch Gmünd way back in the spring of 1975. Would you really dare to separate them? Surprise

• 07-19-2011 5:02 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Don't really think so. Embarrassed

Most likely I would stretch the limits of my home... again. 

But seriously, I really don't think I could accommodate those. Eventhough I would like to. Hopefully they will find a good new home.

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 07-19-2011 8:19 PM In reply to

How much would shipping to Melbourne, Australia be?

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 07-20-2011 4:15 AM In reply to

80€. This is real heavy danish quality, unfortunately. Wink

• 07-20-2011 8:58 AM In reply to

Now come on, you know you want it! You know you want that receipt that reads:

"Dear B&O-Friend! We would like to congratulate you on your decision, which has made you the owner of a B&O-component.

We thank you for the trust you put in us. We would be glad to prove to you that you made the right choice, and we will honestly try not to disappoint you."

Same thing is true today, obviously. Big Smile

• 08-05-2011 6:51 PM In reply to

ablaumeise:
    And I don't really feel like putting it on ebay and dealing with the usual bunch of imbeciles.

Danke vielmalsWhistle

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 08-05-2011 6:53 PM In reply to

ablaumeise:

"Dear B&O-Friend! We would like to congratulate you on your decision, which has made you the owner of a B&O-component.

We thank you for the trust you put in us. We would be glad to prove to you that you made the right choice, and we will honestly try not to disappoint you."

You have this receipt in two languages?Big Smile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 08-18-2011 2:52 PM In reply to

No, I don't. I just thought it'd be better to translate it right away - before someone uses Google translate and ends up thinking "what the hell did B&O just say about my mother?!". Big Smile

Anyway, the system is still for sale. I still haven't been able to take decent photos or even put up an auction. Also, I'm not home most of the time right now and I don't really feel like dealing with people who expect me to ship to the other end of the world within 1 day. So if anyone wants this - get it! 140€. Last offer. I bought this thing for 100€ and it wasn't even working back then...

And...well, I guess it's not just me - but I think there are more and more people on eBay who just shouldn't be there. And it's getting worse all the time. Want an example? I was selling a Beocenter 3000 some time ago. The description was something along the lines of "B&O Beocenter 3000 - Receiver mit integriertem Plattenspieler". Guess what - some guy bought it for 35€ and apparently expected to get a damn Beosound 3000. For 35€. I mean, come on - there were pictures. Like, lots of pictures. Even an english description. And then, of course, there's the other thing. All my auctions end with "International shipping is possible. Just ask for quotes". The obvious thing will happen - some guy from somewhere far, far away will buy it and then be pissed at me because shipping is so expensive. As if it's my fault that he didn't ask or just look it up himself. I had that happen four times in the last months, and seriously - I'm getting sick of relisting things again and again.

Anyway, that was my personal rant on eBay. Hope you didn't get bored.  Wink Of course I've made many nice experiences with people who bought B&O stuff from me - but since many of these people are on this forum anyway, why not try to sell it here? Although it doesn't seem to work very well...

• 08-18-2011 8:29 PM In reply to

It is very beautiful....

dam shipping costs!!

(I'm still thinking about it though...)

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 08-23-2011 8:21 AM In reply to

Somebody please buy this! I'm moving out in two weeks and I'm not taking this with me. 

But you know what? If nobody does, I'm going to put it in a nice, solid box and store it away in a dry place for the next 10 years. And then I'm going to offer it for 500€. Minimum. (If the € survives for another 10 years.) Cool

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)