in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-17-2007 1:07 PM by schatzoy. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2007 6:19 PM

Congratulations...

Many congratulations to all of you involved for a GREAT job. Just signed up and now looking around the new site for the first time. Spectacular effort from Firebrand, lovely user inerface. Great colours, easy to navigate, friendly and very well put together I think.

Wish you guys all the very best. Your combined efforts and enthusiasm have certainly paid off. Well done indeed.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 04-16-2007 6:41 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

Re: Congratulations...

I second that.  A great job and a credit to Lee and the team who have pulled this off.   THANK YOU.

Greg

• 04-16-2007 6:43 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Firebrand have come up with a real winner again!  They usually do!!!

Thank you for your kind words - its nice to know that people are happy with the new site.

Lee
    Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 04-16-2007 8:37 PM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Yes, I agree.  Thank you all very much!  [I was so anxious that I was checking for the launch nearly every 15-30 minutes from 7 AM until 9 PM yesterday.  :) ]  So far, so good.  This non-tech oriented dinosaur has been able to navigate the site.  There is even a "spell check" feature -- if I remember to use it.

I shall continue tradition by asking some stupid questions with my first post on the new Beoworld: 

1.  I haven't found the PM feature yet.

2.  What happened to the PMs that were in the old Beoworld?  Are they gone/lost when the server went bankrupt?

• 04-16-2007 8:40 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Wings:

Yes, I agree.  Thank you all very much!  [I was so anxious that I was checking for the launch nearly every 15-30 minutes from 7 AM until 9 PM yesterday.  :) ]  So far, so good.  This non-tech oriented dinosaur has been able to navigate the site.  There is even a "spell check" feature -- if I remember to use it.

I shall continue tradition by asking some stupid questions with my first post on the new Beoworld: 

1.  I haven't found the PM feature yet.

2.  What happened to the PMs that were in the old Beoworld?  Are they gone/lost when the server went bankrupt?

FAQ already done!!!

http://www.beoworld.org/faq_view.asp?id=79

Yes, the old PM's i fear are gone.. sorry Sad

Lee

• 04-16-2007 8:51 PM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Thanks, Lee. 

Why aren't you in bed recuperating?  Too hyped up from the launch to sleep?

Laughing BTW:  Should I start the first poll of the new site by asking which avatar I should use?  Tongue TiedWink

• 04-16-2007 11:54 PM In reply to

Greetings LEE, Congratulations to you and the TEAM, nice to see the site up and running again. It's got this FRESH new look.....like all other new things.

3 Cheers to u....ok better cut it down to 1...i think i read somewhere u had a drop too many.

Kevin 

• 04-17-2007 12:04 AM In reply to

Let me also congratulate the team on the new BeoWorld site.

This is a fantastic resource and i look forward to exploring all the content over coming days..

• 04-17-2007 2:53 AM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 85
    • Founder

I like to join in congratulating Lee and the moderating team on a super job. 

I am proud to be a founder member of this site, and I really am looking forward to enjoy it in the future.

Thx,

Thomas

7-40 Mk3, Beo5/Beo4, Avant32DVD, BS3K, PentaIII, BL4K, BL Active w/BL2500, Avant28CTV,Beoport, AppleTV, 2xBC6K

• 04-17-2007 6:29 AM In reply to

Likewise,

Congratulations - the new site is great!

Joachim
  • 04-17-2007 6:50 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Agreed, fantastic job well done! Hopefully this site will remain without needing much maintanence for a good number of years!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-17-2007 6:52 AM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

Congratulations! (...and Thank you!). I really missed the forum while it was down, but the site is back an better than ever! You have done a terrific job - the products section is great! This is what I wanted, Beoworld product pages re-done in a Beocentral way! Very well done, a big thank you to all involved. The only complaints I have (and they really minor, I'm not even sure I can call them complaints) have to do with the forum layout, but I guess I'll get used to it (and begin to appreciate the new features instead).
  • 04-17-2007 7:38 AM In reply to

• Sean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Nottingham
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Just to add my "Two penneth"

Site looks really cool, justing finding my way around !

Sean

• 04-17-2007 10:40 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I have to join: congratulations to all you guys! You really did a fantastic job, and I imagine that it must have been quite hard, from the first idea to this final result. And the funniest thing about a "product" related to B&O: you did announce only 1 launch date and you kept it! Laughing Thumbs up!Yes

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-17-2007 10:49 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

One more voice in the apreciation choir: Congratulations! A very good job and a fine site.

Thanks to all who invested their time, energy and good will to get Beoworld (MkIII) up to life! 

Nice to see that there are alreaday so many founder members (hope to join soon, encounted some problems but the team is already working on them)

I hope the Beoworld Forum will keep beeing the nice and great place in the net as it was in MkI and MkII times!

Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 04-17-2007 11:04 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

smito:
    And the funniest thing about a "product" related to B&O: you did announce only 1 launch date and you kept it! Laughing Thumbs up!Yes

Well, not strictly true, as we hinted at a launch date in November...  However, every time a launch date was mentioned after that i just changed the subject Laughing

We would have been launched earlier, but i wouldn't let it go until i was completely happy. Thankfully, the moderating team shared the same view!

Lee
    Smile

• 04-17-2007 1:07 PM In reply to

Ahhh, it's good to be back. The new site looks fantabulous. Congratulations and a hearty BIIIIIIG Thank You to everyone involved. Now it's our turn to make the site alive and kicking...and it looks as there is already a lot of traffic.

Great work!!!!! 

Schatzoy

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)