in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-12-2011 3:03 PM by Henry. 51 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2011 8:01 PM In reply to

Re: BeoPlayer App Updated ... missing radio station

The app is buggy. When you play from iTunes' albums, pressing play causes failure.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 11-09-2011 8:12 PM In reply to

The problem is when playing from shared libraries. In my case, I am playing songs from a shared iMac. I had restarted the iPhone.

• 11-09-2011 11:06 PM In reply to

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

Huh? [:^)] Re: BeoPlayer App Updated ... missing radio station

buggy - my clock doesn't work/tick/change

At least time might stay still for me now Unsure

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 11-10-2011 3:30 AM In reply to

• Henry
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-30-2010
    • London
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Well it seems I can now wake up to a radio station of my choice without paying a ridiculous fee for the "full" version. Thank you and well done, despite having to wait nearly a year.

• 11-10-2011 6:13 AM In reply to

Clock doesn't move?!

Are you completely kidding now? This was the only reason to use it and now is beyond useless.

Probably this was the reason to pull it off the app-store...

This app was a joke to begin with:

-no universal app, although the iPad was used for all commercials

- ridiculous fee for the stations, TuneIn has more, better and far cheaper

- no info on the artist playing...

But now that with the clock? Anybody testing anything ever?

• 11-10-2011 6:15 AM In reply to

I am a little disappointed that they did not make it iPad smart ... when I use the 3X option its cover art graphics are disappointing.

But it was nice (but no real surprise) to be able to use it to play "Net.Radio" through my ATV2 :-)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-10-2011 12:52 PM In reply to

My experience with version 1.2.3:

Radiostations: OK

Music: every attempt to click a title shuts down the BeoPlayer

Let's wait for an update!

Another question: To whom may I send suggestions for improvement, Ikatu, B&O, which department?

iPoditiv

• 11-10-2011 1:13 PM In reply to

I have a suggestion.  Test apps before releasing them!  This was sloppy.

• 11-10-2011 2:13 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Using the new version on a brand new iPhone 4 (not S).  ALL FEATURES WORK PERFECTLY.  Partner has the same phone, but a bit older, and he has similar troubles to those mentioned on this thread.  Quite strange.

This version BeoPlayer allows you to access iTunes music and NetRadio from the same screen.  Drop down tab for elapsed time, repeat, and shuffle.  For what it does, iTunes, radio, and clock, it does them very well.  Need a real iPad version.

• 11-10-2011 2:35 PM In reply to

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

Had the same problems as mentioned previously but turned the phone off then on again and all was fine.

Does the phone really need to be charging for the alarm function to work?

Peter

• 11-10-2011 2:48 PM In reply to

No, restart doesn't help. The clock still doesn't move...

• 11-10-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

I can confirm: The clock stands still, restart of my IPod touch doesn't help.

/Räuber
  • 11-10-2011 4:31 PM In reply to

iPoditiv:

My experience with version 1.2.3:

Radiostations: OK

Music: every attempt to click a title shuts down the BeoPlayer

Update to Music: After  switching off my iPod 4 4G and switching on I am able to start a title. The app shuts down, but the title is playing on.

The clock: It really shows only the time it has been shown up. If you want to know the actual time you have to switch to another tab and switch back to see the real time and that it is still time for an update 🔔

iPoditiv

• 11-10-2011 6:13 PM In reply to

I'm really appalled that B&O allowed this update to be available with all the bugs it has. Didn't they even test it?? IMHO, B&O needs to fire their entire software devlopment team and have it replaced. The same can be said for the software develpment for the BeoSound 5. Terrible bugs, crashes, and omissions of basic features such as gapless playback. It's a shame that B&O makes such quality speakers, sound systems, and tvs when the horrible software develpment naturally defeats all of the other achievements.

• 11-10-2011 6:44 PM In reply to

I totally agree with BeoJeff, beautiful systems with terrible software problems.  This is why I love Apple so much because - they work! period!

• 11-10-2011 6:47 PM In reply to

This is also why I like the BeoSound 8 approach.  B&O speakers BUT keep it Apple when it comes to this download technology!!!  After reading so many problems why would i want to invest my money in something that will give me IT problems when my iPod/iPhone have zero problems?

• 11-10-2011 7:09 PM In reply to

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

Um my iPhone is currently chewing through the battery at an alarming rate since the last software update by Apple. The software update process wasn't exactly flawless either - I had to give the phone to our IT dept to get it up and going again after several failed downloads.

It seems that there are always problems to be ironed out no matter who you are - though B&O does have its fair share of software problems....
  • 11-10-2011 11:00 PM In reply to

At least they're consistant.  My first purchase was back in 1990 when I bought, among other things, a VX5000 VCR. Within 24 hours I ran into a bug in their firmware for scheduled recordings of weekly shows. They had a fix, but whoever heard of buggy VCR software for a basic function? And don't get me started on the Beosystem 3, or the Beo5 whose screen wouldn't shut off.  Don't they have anyone in charge of testing?

• 11-11-2011 3:39 PM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoPlayer App Updated

Unlike those experiencing problems, the new version of the Beoplayer app is working perfectly on my four idevices (two iPhone 4s and two iPad 2).  This version seams to be a lot more refined than the free version I previously used on my old iPhone 3Gs.  I'm not sure if it is the iPhone (4s v 3Gs) or the software, but the display now stays illuminated when plugged into the Beosound 8, which I rather like (particularly with the clock).  Also, while I previously had the free version, the upgrade has apparently brought me up to the full version as I now have access to all the radio stations.  I don't recall if the old free version had this but I like the fact that you can, when viewing the clock, swipe to the left or right to change the intensity with which the clock is illuminated.  This can be very useful when using the clock in a dark bedroom.  In addition, I can now play audio stored on my idevice (including Apple Lossless files!).  I noticed that the music browser doesn't include music in my home share library and only includes locally stored music files in addition to net radio stations (but that's OK with me).  Moreover, I can now use airplay (with my aTV2).  Overall I'm very pleased with this version of the Beoplayer app and can see myself using it (which is not something I did with the old free version).

The only shortcoming in my mind is that the clock is limited to the 24-hour format.  There doesn't appear to be a setting to change this nor does the app change the time format to match the time format set for the idevice.  It would be nice if there were an option to have the clock presented in the 12-hour format.

Also, there really needs to be an iPad version.

Update: Perhaps I should have done a more thorough investigation of the clock.  As others have indicated the clock is stuck for me as well.  While the clock always shows the correct time when I switch the clock on, the clock doesn't update to continue showing the current time.  That is, the clock continues to show the time it was when I switched the clock on, and does so until I switch to another screen.  Obviously this needs to be addressed.

Filed under:
  • 11-12-2011 4:13 AM In reply to

It's understandable for anybody getting the full version as an upgrade to be happy (it now is a paid app and does not require in-app purchase, but upgrade is still free).

However, have you actually checked if the clock was moving? Because exactly on iPhone4 and iPad2 for me it doesn't move. I actually paid for a very expensive app and am not happy with a clock that isn't doing what is supposed to.

• 11-12-2011 4:54 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

enterfornone:
    However, have you actually checked if the clock was moving?

... clock is not moving ... (BeoPlayer 1.2.3.505M - iphone 3G SW 4.2.1)

• 11-12-2011 8:26 AM In reply to

Everything works fine on my Iphone 4 with IOS 5, I can access all radio stations, which is great! The rest is more or less like before, the only thing I can't access is my Itunes library on the MacMini, although both Remote & LinkRemote apps see the whole library, the BeoPlayer app sees nothing. I ticked all the "share library" boxes in Itunes, but nothing happens..Sad

If you look at the update log on Itunes AppStore, it clearly says that the new version 1.2.3 offered "upgrade to paid version" and "bug fixes", so it looks like you no longer have to pay to access 13,000 + radio stations..?So what more does the paid version offer?Hmm

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-12-2011 8:53 AM In reply to

Hello,

I had the free version on my IPod touch and the AppStore showed the availble update. After download (for free!) I assume I have now the full version on my IPod, because the AppStore shows now the Beoplayer app for 12,99 EUR and that it is already installed on my IPod!

/Räuber

• 11-12-2011 8:54 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Chrisreunion:
    So what more does the paid version offer?Hmm

Don't know, Laughing maybe a clock that's moving ...

• 11-12-2011 9:16 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

3 radio stations for the UK hardly worth it, especially as Its the paid version. I'll stick to tune in radio!

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >