in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-24-2011 5:27 AM by StUrrock. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2011 6:13 PM

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

This Forum area is not useful

Hi @ all,

from my recent and old experiences feedback in this forum is relatively thin epecially if questions are specific which they will be mostly. So if nobody is moderating it what is the sense of this forum?

Best regards Oliver

• 03-09-2011 11:52 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Re: This Forum area is not useful

These product related sub-forums are the outskirts of BeoWorld, Oliver. I don't think a great many people frequent them, I know I sure don't! Patience is key with complex and specific questions. I always try and answer what I can to the best of my ability, but sometimes, like others, we just don't know.

Evan

• 03-10-2011 1:45 AM In reply to

The problem here is experience - the Beo5/6 is relatively new and so there is not a huge amount of experience. Match that with software that is being revised regularly and which is also restricted officially to dealers and you cannot expect instant answers.  Keith actually seems to understand the Beo5/6 more than anyone I know and I have seen him help in most cases. He does also run a Beo5/6 programming service for those requests that are more complex and need extra work. He has however provided a lot of xml files gratis to the site which is much appreciated.

• 03-10-2011 5:24 AM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

well all the questions I have asked were B+O related so I assume to answer those would have been not so difficult. Also if answersare wrong nobody care  for getting it cleared out. I just think people do not pay much attention to this area and Beo5 is no more so new anymore.

Best regards Oliver

• 03-10-2011 5:52 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

OKF:

well all the questions I have asked were B+O related so I assume to answer those would have been not so difficult. Also if answersare wrong nobody care  for getting it cleared out. I just think people do not pay much attention to this area and Beo5 is no more so new anymore.

While we're at conjecture junction, I think that people don't respond much in this forum is because not that many people have a Beo5 and many questions has already been answered before. 

Or perhaps it's because the questions themselves makes it hard to guess at what's really wrong, or perhaps it's because that when a question has been answered and suggestions are given, they are ignored by the bloke asking the initial question.

One way of not getting answers, in my opinion, is to *** about people not replying fast enough. It seems awfully aggressive. And this latter is coming from someone who has been described as one whose modus operandi is "take no prisoners".

• 03-10-2011 6:00 AM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

Well in this cases all this does not apply I think. I did then ask some uestions in the german forum, where I was not expecting any specific ansers and I got hem there which really is not helpful for this area here because input gets lost for most people. In the past I even have answered my own questions here for somebody haveing similar or same probs.

Best regards Oliver

• 03-10-2011 6:15 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

OKF:

Well in this cases all this does not apply I think. I did then ask some uestions in the german forum, where I was not expecting any specific ansers and I got hem there which really is not helpful for this area here because input gets lost for most people. In the past I even have answered my own questions here for somebody haveing similar or same probs.

I'm Danish, but I never frequent the Scandinavian subforum to be honest. I prefer to post and read the English subforums because most if not all people here who knows "stuff" also speaks English, regardless of their mother tongue.

• 03-10-2011 8:12 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Well, another issue is that people tend to post question in the General Forum board which should be posted in the sub-forums and here the Moderators need to move the threads into the correct forum board; which hopefully should improve the usage of the sub-forums. This needs to be done since it could actually slowly kill this forum as there are other forums available....

• 03-11-2011 4:13 AM In reply to

I must agree with the point that if resources are low, then it's a better idea to use English as common communication language.

I would prefer to have this sub forum split in to two separate sub forums: One for General questions and answers and one for request for other product control.

I attend to answer as many questions as possible; but I guess that only Keith can fulfill the requests and conversion for IR control to TV and such stuff.

• 05-24-2011 5:27 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

I must say that this section of the forum has offered me more help than any other.

Yes, it is not frequented as often as other parts of this site.

The fact is we are mainly relying here on the knowledge of a few people, especially Keith. Thanks to him, it has lifted the uselfullness of the Beo5 to a new level.

Forums are all about give and take, we can't expect a few to give up their valuable time for our gain and not give anything back.

We should ask ourselves this question;

" Don't just think: What Beoworld can do for me. Think: What can I do for beoworld".

Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)