in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-06-2011 2:27 PM by psand. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2011 8:07 AM

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Video Terminal - can't find in products section

Is the remote on the picture something between this and this this?

Do you know what TV's it was sold with?

/MikaelB

Filed under:
  • 03-06-2011 8:10 AM In reply to

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Re: Video Terminal - can't find in products section

On the back

• 03-06-2011 8:30 AM In reply to

This was one of two ancestors of the Beolink 1000. It was from around 1987 and was used with the LX2800 and 2500 and some of the lesser models. It worked video functions only - its brother , the A or Audio Terminal, worked audio functions. The AV terminal obviously bdid both and was slightly longer with a small LCD display - the whole lot were sensibly replaced by the Beolink 1000 which standardised the range. They all use the same codes so they will work with any modern set in the same way as a Beolink 1000.

• 03-06-2011 8:50 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

It has a PRINT button, interesting. I have read about teletext printers but I never thought they were expected to become so popular that there is a special button for it on the remote? Does anyone here actually own one of those?

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 03-06-2011 9:30 AM In reply to

As far as I remember, the Teletext print function only expects a "dumb" printer connected via RS-232, it never was anything B&O specific. The same function was offered by a number of manufacturers in the early days of Teletext.

Never heard of anybody ever even trying it out, though. Although it would've occasionally been useful, it would've necessitated a dedicated printer connected to your TV, and those cost a lot in those days, so...

EDIT: The product pages have an error, they mention the remote shown here as "V Terminal" but link to the old Video Terminal. The A & AV versions both have their own pages. The old Video Terminal ("Mars bar") is totally incompatible with these.

The page on the A Terminal shows all three of this generation (in low resolution, though). As you can see it is even longer, and totally inconvenient for one handed use!

-mika

• 03-06-2011 10:32 AM In reply to

I have one of these for sale!

• 03-06-2011 2:27 PM In reply to

• psand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-05-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

The PRINT button actually generates the command which today is known as PC (hex code 0x8B in video mode). I guess it was the logical command to reuse...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)