in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-05-2011 11:28 AM by Evan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2011 2:55 AM

• Nikk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-03-2011
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Besosound 8 > connect an active sub preferably wireless...??

Hi folks!

I just got me a white Beosound 8 and I'am really pleased with it, especially the design - like a modern piece of art.

However I think the sound would become even better with an active subwoofer so I wounder:

1. Is it possible to connect a sub? How do I do it and could you recommend a suitable (design and sound) sub for $400-800..?

2. Is it possible to connect a wireless active sub? How do I do it and could you recommend a suitable sub for max $1000 ("all" inclusive)..?

Any input are appreciated! Cheers :)

• 03-04-2011 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: Besosound 8 > connect an active sub preferably wireless...??

Big SmileHi, the BeoSound 8 has no outputs, only inputs, so in theory, it is impossible to even connect a pair of headphones..!

In practice, if you really want to connect a sub, the only way to do it is to send the audio signal to your sub, then use the sub's audio out to re-route the rest of the signal to the BS8. That means losing the remote control/dock control/DSP processing features from BS8...quite frankly, if you go that way, you might be happier with a 2.1 audio system right away..

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 03-04-2011 8:26 AM In reply to

Nikk:

Hi folks!

I just got me a white Beosound 8 and I'am really pleased with it, especially the design - like a modern piece of art.

However I think the sound would become even better with an active subwoofer so I wounder:

1. Is it possible to connect a sub? How do I do it and could you recommend a suitable (design and sound) sub for $400-800..?

2. Is it possible to connect a wireless active sub? How do I do it and could you recommend a suitable sub for max $1000 ("all" inclusive)..?

Any input are appreciated! Cheers :)

No outputs in the BS8.

Try to set the placement switch in "Free"...

Or use mp3 with better quality...

Or place the BS8 on a stable surface...

Or set the iPxx equalizer...

Hmm

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 03-05-2011 3:16 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

xegoon:

Or set the iPxx equalizer...

Hmm

With the greatest of respect, this is something I would personally always avoid. The iPod/Apple EQ distorts really quite awfully - terribly badly designed.

Would seem silly to spend £850 on a sound system, then distort the signal through one of the worst EQs in any consumer product...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 03-05-2011 9:54 AM In reply to

The BeoSound 8 has it's own sound card inside. Bang & Olufsen recommend you switch your EQ off on your iPod, iPhone etc.. to get the most out of your BeoSound 8. So it's your iPod thats causing the distortion, not BeoSound 8 me thinks. In fact, if you use airport express, the sound is even worse as the sound card in that is absolutely horrible.

BeoSound 8 was designed to be a stand alone system. If you would like more ummf out of your music and use a subwoofer, that is what the other sound systems were built for.

If B&O had added outputs and wireless tech etc, BeoSound 8 would be priced a lot higher.

Personnaly, I love my BeoSound 8 and have full respect to Bang & Olufsen to launch a product at this price range.

In short, well done Bang & Olufsen!!

Just my 2 cents :-)

• 03-05-2011 11:04 AM In reply to

Quite apart from the technical issues with accomplishing this, it wouldn't sound great. The speakers already built in produce all the bass that would sound proportional to the music. Higher end systems are built with a different ear in mind, i.e. one that is looking for clarity and neutrality in the reproduction, not someone who wants their dorm room to shake.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-05-2011 11:28 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I agree - stay away from the iPod's EQ. Flat is the same as off as far as I can tell btw.

It is already a very strong signal and very energized. I played my iPod on a BS8 at a dealer and was very pleased with the bass.

Evan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)