in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-02-2011 5:22 PM by tournedos. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-02-2011 4:28 PM

CD player for Beocenter

Hi all,

I have a Beocenter 2600 (thanks Cleve!) and I've been looking for a CDX but it's proving hard work. Could I just plug in any old CD separate if I got a twin phono to 5 pin DCI in the meantime?

• 03-02-2011 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: CD player for Beocenter

It'll be fine. Just make sure you get an adapter that is wired for the correct direction: from the phono/RCAs to the DIN, and not the other way round, as both are possible.

A 4xRCA adapter would be a safe bet, as then you can just try out which two are correct.

-mika

• 03-02-2011 4:37 PM In reply to

That was quick and easy! I was worried there might be a problem with line volume (or some other thing I don't understand!)

Thanks Tournedos.

• 03-02-2011 4:51 PM In reply to

I lied. Still not quick and easy for an idiot like me!

Is this what I need? I'm struggling to find a cheaper version. Everything else seems to want to go to the rca connectors.

• 03-02-2011 5:22 PM In reply to

It can be confusing!

A far from cheapest solution is here and you can certainly get a good quality cable of the right kind from our site sponsor Sounds Heavenly, whose link you find in just about every page over here.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)