in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2011 7:32 AM by Bigfoot. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2011 6:53 AM

M70 speakers - what to do with it?

Last week I bought a pair of B&O M70 speakers locally. They sound pretty good, I was wondering how you guys would rate this. Is it worth to make some improvements?

Honestly I would rather trade them in for a couple of RL 65 or RL 6000, as I like that design better. Any ideas what the M70's would be worth?

• 02-26-2011 7:39 AM In reply to

Re: M70 speakers - what to do with it?

You are tempting me Bigfooot !!! I have a pair of refurbished RL 60.2 sitting in storage.

What condition are your M70's in ? If you choose to keep them you will at least want to cahnge out the capacitors.

• 02-26-2011 7:41 AM In reply to

Not worth a huge amount but excellent speakers. Dare I say it, far better than RL60s!

• 02-26-2011 1:25 PM In reply to

The condition seems alright. Only the top of the boxes have many scratches because the previous owner had them placed upside down (yes I have checked how they should be placed :) ) .

• 02-26-2011 2:03 PM In reply to

Besides replacing the caps you might want to pull the grills off and take a peak at your drivers to make sure the surrounds are in good shape and not rotted.

Not sure if the woofer or midranges in this series had foam rot problems. your might be rubber and in that case you are in good shape.

The doctor is probably right. the Redline 60 is by no means a bad speaker but the it will never deliver the bass response of your M70. If you like rock n roll then you have the right set of speakers in which case recap and rock on !!!!

• 02-27-2011 8:04 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Eugene:

Not sure if the woofer or midranges in this series had foam rot problems.

In 2 pairs I have seen, both woofers and midrange had suffered from foam rot! Rings are available from goodhifi through Ebay though.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-28-2011 7:32 AM In reply to

I think the woofers have foam rot, as the bass doesn't sound as good as the mid tones.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)