in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-21-2011 10:41 AM by thorne. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2011 11:11 AM

software updates for Beovision 7-40 mark iv

My dealer tells me there have been updates but if I haven't noticed anything amiss, there is no point installing them.  Is he right?

• 02-25-2011 1:08 PM In reply to

Re: software updates for Beovision 7-40 mark iv

...and if you don't have any problems with your current setup, you should consider NOT making the upgrade. 

There is something about B&O.....

• 02-25-2011 2:13 PM In reply to

I think pre version 8.0x of the BV7-40 software package, it was certainly the case that caution was required before installing any B&O software update. More frequently than not, you'd fix one thing just to find a new fault was created. 

Since you have a MKIV then I would suggest its likely very worth while if you have the built-in Blu Ray player. I currently have 10.02 installed and this has been robust. I have a relatively complex environment with link rooms and multiple HDMI devices and games consoles attached and all has worked very reliably.

You'll also need this latest version if you ever start using the Beo4 with the joystick.

• 02-27-2011 10:07 AM In reply to

Thanks for the replies.  The thing I don't understand about B&O software updates is this:

normally, an update fixes bugs which are inherent in the previous software version, but with B&O it seems that some tvs are affected and others not, even though they are running the same level of software

Why is this?

• 03-03-2011 1:10 PM In reply to

Any thoughts on my previous question, or am I just plain wrong?

Also, could anyone tell me where I can find a list of the upgrades over, say, the last 12 months and what they are supposed to fix/enhance?

• 03-03-2011 3:23 PM In reply to

This won't apply to all software bugs/fixes, but might explain part of your question.

A panasonic TV, is a panasonic TV, plugged into the wall and just works.

A B&O TV may be in option 1, option 2, option 4, option 5, option 6, each of which changes the way the TV responds to ir commands and interacts with other kit on the ML system.

Using a particular TV with a certain PUC table may introduce problems that a TV with exactly the same software may not experience if using a different STB.

B&O kit is different, and works with hundreds of other pieces of equipment in tens of thousands of different configurations.  Some of these may throw up a problem on a certain software level that would never impact on 99% of owners of the same TV on the same software.

• 03-21-2011 10:39 AM In reply to

Thanks, rednik, that's really helpful.  By the way, how do I find out which is the latest software update on my tv?

• 03-21-2011 10:41 AM In reply to

Thanks, rednik, that's really helpful.  By the way, how do I find out which is the latest software updates on my tv?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)