in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2011 10:19 AM by voodoo6. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2011 7:18 AM

BeoVision 7 turn off DVD interpolation 'Soap Opera' Effect?

Hi, I have a BeoVision7 with an internal DVD player. When watching DVD's I find the 'soap opera' effect very off-putting and was wondering if anybody knows of a way to turn off this 'feature'. I have had a look through the manual but can find no reference to picture settings other than colour, contrast and brightness? Is is even possible to turn off with this model? Also, how do I find which software version I'm using and would a software upgrade help?

Thanks for any advice!

• 02-25-2011 10:30 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 7 turn off DVD interpolation 'Soap Opera' Effect?

I wonder if it is Film Mode that you are objecting to. Which BV7 do you have as I believe the mechanism fot turning this off may differ. Type number is the best way of working out which one it is!!

• 02-25-2011 1:23 PM In reply to

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Ive found something called 'movie mode' in the service menu > monitor > picture adjustments > feature box menu.

Turning it off does help - the image looks less artificial, though now I can't figure out how to adjust the brightness, contrast and colour for DVD playback? Does selecting 'TV' then adjusting the levels work the same for the DVD? I know my set top box plugged into the DVI post has its own menu for these settings.

Also, there are loads of interesting settings in that service menu! What are scaler menus?!

Thanks for your help

• 02-25-2011 2:18 PM In reply to

I wouldn't play with the service menu settings ! If you really must, then make a note of everything first! B&O take a rather dim view of having to fix TVs that misbehave following alterations!The Movie Mode is worth changing to your taste though.

The TV settings should alter all the screen parameters regardless of source.

• 02-26-2011 10:19 AM In reply to

Thanks for help!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)