in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2011 8:29 AM by Alex. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2011 3:51 PM

ML gateway

Hi, I do have 2 ML gateways connected to the same Ethernet network.The problem I'm facing is that I can see randomly only one ML gateway when I'm using the iPhone. Anyone can help?

• 02-23-2011 3:56 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Re: ML gateway

I can't help but I'm wondering why you'd need two?

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 02-23-2011 7:17 PM In reply to

I wonder that as well.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-23-2011 10:53 PM In reply to

I have 2 BS3 units in my house and I'm connecting one ML gateway to each of them throughout my local area network.

• 02-24-2011 1:20 AM In reply to

You do not need two Masterlink gateway.

Connects a single masterlink gatewey to masterlink cable.

And connect the two beocenter3 to the same masterlink cable.

Go back to who sold you the gateway ,and ask for money back for 1 of mlg.

is not so difficult to program masterlink gateway ,but the store where you bought should do it for you.

I hope it helps Claudiu
  • 02-24-2011 4:14 AM In reply to

Do you have 2 seperate masterlink setups in your house? Smile

It's the only reason I can think off, your dealer sold you 2 ML gateways...

• 02-24-2011 4:49 AM In reply to

According tho the specs, the iPhone App should recognise the 2 MLGW and "merge" the 2 sets of actions into one interface.

Very little of us have a MLGW on this forum, so do not get offended if you do not get many answers.

• 02-24-2011 5:48 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Sebastien:

I have 2 BS3 units in my house and I'm connecting one ML gateway to each of them throughout my local area network.

I guess, the dealer told you that you need two MLGW for a stereo setup ???

Sorry, but I have no idea why to buy two MLGW. It should be possible to connect both BS3 via masterlink and add one MLGW, that can be conrolled from both setups...(!?)

Stefan

• 02-24-2011 7:34 AM In reply to

Yeah. No reason at all for a second MLGW there. Put one BS3 in V.OPT 6.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-24-2011 8:29 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

The only reason to have to MLGW's on one network is if you're using a single room lighting solution (ie. Lutron Grafik Eye's not linked together).  Other than that (especially once the ability to have multiple users was added) there's really no reason for more than one MLGW.  Unless of course you don't have a way to run ML between the two systems and you need to be able to use the iOS app...

Also, in case you actually want the answer to your question, the login credentials for both gateways needs to be different and you'll need to manually switch back and forth between the two in the Settings menu of the iPhone app.  You cannot just duplicate the same config for both gateways.  Not convenient at all and in most cases not necessary.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)