in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2011 1:39 PM by luce. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2011 8:05 AM

• luce
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Playstation 3 and BEOvision Avant

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help me!

I'm staying at my Uncle's house whilst he's away and he has a Bang and Olufsen BEOvision Avant in his lounge.  I'm trying to connect my PS3 to it and have used the RCA connection (Red white and yellow)  I can't for the life of me figure out how to switch the TV that particular AV channel.  He has Sky connected along with a DVD player.  I'm really at a loss as to what to do!  

I thought googling the BEO4 instruction book would help and found out how to add AV onto the "list" function but then nothing happens!  It's all very confusing!

Thanks

• 02-22-2011 8:35 AM In reply to

Re: Playstation 3 and BEOvision Avant

Hi there

You need to add CAMCORDER or CAMERA (depending on Beo4) to the list key.

This is done by holding standby (the red dot), and pressing LIST.

You should see ADD? appear on the screen. Click GO, then scroll through the list using the LIST key (or up/down depending on Beo4) until you see either of the above. Add using GO then press EXIT to exit out of the set-up menu. 

Now when you scroll through LIST you should see it as an option and be able to press GO to select the input. 

It won't affect your uncle's normal operation so no need to worry about that. 

Hope this helps!

• 02-22-2011 8:37 AM In reply to

Also.... AV isn't a port - It is a button used to listen to an audio source whilst viewing a video source. (press AV followed by the source, CD, RADIO etc)

I used to use it when I had a Beocenter 2300 linked to my old Avant when I was playing on the Wii etc.

• 02-22-2011 8:41 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Hi luce, I'm sure those more knowledgable than me will respond with the answer for the Avant, but with my Beovision 3 TV , if I switch it on and  plug in the composite cables you describe,  the TV automatically switches to the necessary input without having to select anything via a menu.   

• 02-22-2011 8:52 AM In reply to

• luce
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks so much for the responses.  I thought it would do it automatically but it doesn't seem to want to!  I'll try the camcorder option tonight and I'll let you know if it works! 

Thanks again :)

Luce

• 02-22-2011 12:38 PM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

I had this problem connecting a PS3 to a BV3.  The problem may be with the PS3, especially if you have been using it with an hdmi lead/output in the past.

You can reset the PS3 to send its output video over the RCA connection (or RCA/SCART) by keeping the PS3 power button pressed for about 10 seconds when you switch it on (you should hear a second beep).  When the Avant detects the RCA (video camera) input it should automatically switch to it.

Hope this helps!

• 02-22-2011 1:39 PM In reply to

• luce
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Oh gosh that's worked! I cannot tell you how happy that's made me. It was the issue with needing to hold down the power button till it beeped. I'd given up again and connected the Wii and that worked fine straight away which dampened my spirits more!

Thanks so much for your help everyone. You've made me one happy girl!

Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)