in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-02-2011 11:11 AM by verzollnix. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2011 5:48 PM

Is BS5 user friendly?

Hi

I have a BM5 connected to my TV, and use the N.RADIO and N.MUSIC. It works, however, my wife don't like the navigation on the TV and therefore she never listen to any of our CD's anymore.

I am really considering a BS5, but a 5 mins demo at a dealer don't give me a really good impression if the use is user friendly enough for my wife (and kids) Big Smile

And she does not wan't play around at a dealer for a long time anyway. Further, at my dealer there is only 20 albums on the BM5 which is easy to navigate thru, we have between 400 and 500 albums.

My wife and me are in the late 30s and she is NOT a technological freak, she just want to have something that looks good, works when it is needed and that is easy to use Wink

Can any of you tell me a little about your experience?

Thanks in advance.

There is something about B&O.....

Filed under:
  • 02-21-2011 5:57 PM In reply to

Re: Is BD5 user friendly?

It sounds like the BeoSound 5 is ideal for your needs. I find the interface to be very smooth and intuitive. Once you have your music collection transferred to the BeoMaster 5, you're freed from your computer. HOWEVER, you should be prepared that the album cover art that iTunes finds for you when tagging ripped CDs is of low resolution and will look terrible on the screen of the BeoSound 5. You'll have the daunting task of searching the internet for high-resolution cover art to replace your old cover art in most instances.

• 02-22-2011 10:17 AM In reply to

Another with the same problem. Solution: Buy a BS5 for you and a BS9000 or a BC2 for your wife and problem solved!!! Lighter in your conscience and in your wallet. You can call it a day.

• 02-22-2011 1:27 PM In reply to

I have also the 9000 and the BS5 in the same room...
    I'm a techie, my wife isn't ...
    The BS 5 is easy to use, with the latest update it is very easy to select an artist, than the CD and than just play it. I use the mots function all the time, the system chooses the music for you and sometimes it suprises you with tracks you do not know ..
    Building up the cover art is indeed some work, I use Coverscout from Equinux, cheap tooil whch looks for the best covers on the net.

nico

• 02-22-2011 3:22 PM In reply to

Buy a BS9000 in addition sounds like a pretty expensive solution.....Stick out tongue

I like technology, and have quite a lot, but the most important part is the ease of use for the family. 

Seems like that the BS5 does bring you something special.

• 02-26-2011 6:35 PM In reply to

nico vercammen:

The BS 5 is easy to use, with the latest update it is very easy to select an artist, than the CD and than just play it. I use the mots function all the time, the system chooses the music for you and sometimes it suprises you with tracks you do not know ..
    Building up the cover art is indeed some work, I use Coverscout from Equinux, cheap tooil whch looks for the best covers on the net.

Can underpin this. Use both Coverscout and Songgenie for adding metadata (alongside iTunes and a bunch of scripts by the way). The BS5 is used by the kids and wife too and since the latest update a stable, easy to use system (although improvements are always possible Smile). Everybody is currently satisfied.

The only thing missing is a way to easily play a cd, so if you need that too, you will need an additional solution like (a second hand) BS4 / BS9000 / BS3200 / BC2)

The TV interface is indeed a very underperforming part which is never used at our place too.

• 02-27-2011 3:04 PM In reply to

Re: Is BS5 user friendly?

Thanks a lot for your reply, we will go for the BS5, now we just need to figure out how to make the "cabling" in the house. I need to be creative here ;-)

In case we should need to listen to a CD, we can use the Blueray player in our BV7, that is a workaround.

• 03-02-2011 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Is BS5 user friendly?

Congratualtions - from my experience a goode choice. I thing my wife would agree as well.

I have learned (by the hard way) that cabeling is really an issue. They need to be handled with care. In terms of cable handling I would definitive advise you to take the installation guide as a Bible.

I had two broken calbes due to the installation - and that was the time when Murphy Law came into real:

I have choosen an "in-wall" cabeling. Unfortunetly I have not placed the calbles in a ductwork (which has been done with nearby all cables but not with the B&O cables...). Even if the breakage of the cable is outsite the wall and the calbles are long enough to shortem them, there seems to be no way to shorten the mini-HDMI cable and reconnect the plug!

Verzollnix

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)