in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-27-2011 10:09 PM by Evan. 45 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (46 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2011 4:13 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Re: New products

Big Smile

That was indeed very funny!!

• 02-23-2011 7:20 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The BeoSound 8 XL (this is NOT the name of the product, obviously) will feature BeoLink. Expect to see bigger screens from B&O with the coming releases (no more 23" and 26", far from it), and the new digital platform will give them an edge vs the price list - remember that B&O Struer said that they can not continue to sell "main" products such as the 7-40 with the current price tag. My personal opionion is that one can take the top-of-the-line from Sony or Philips and double their price to get the price level for these new sets. Of course, there will be "Aston Martin" editions offered at a higher price level (think BV9, 7-55).

One big question for Struer is how big is a big TV two years from now. Most of us thought the BV5 (42") was big enough for European living rooms when it was introduced. Today, the BV10-40 is being installed as a link room tv. They have played with a 10-55, 10-66 etc...

A critical release for B&O Audio will be the new BeoSound 5 version and the new s/w update for the current BM5. Also, the BeoMaster 5 "slim" could make a difference. But unless they can meet the current demand from the "Spotify-customers" they will be hard pressed to even sell the BS5 in a years time... 

Isn't there any info out on the new ALT-speaker (the one that will sit between the current 3 and 9)?

Also, the new 36-year old CEO (known from Triumph) is expected to start a commercial transformation of B&O. So I guess any release plan is up for debate. Again. 

Roger

• 02-23-2011 10:53 AM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

Don´t know anything about the new speaker. Is BV11 an entry level or midlevel like BV10?

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 02-24-2011 4:41 AM In reply to

Nobody know where the BV11 will position in the range?

• 02-24-2011 5:01 AM In reply to

BeoFab:

fraberg:

Hi Roger
    Any idea when the BeoVision 11 and hopefully 55 "will be introduced?

Frank

Just a guess:

Beovision 11

11/11/11 Big Smile

So to complete the whole theory, the price would be 

11.000 Euros Big Smile

-Dimitris

• 02-24-2011 10:40 AM In reply to

DrDimitris:

BeoFab:

fraberg:

Hi Roger
    Any idea when the BeoVision 11 and hopefully 55 "will be introduced?

Frank

Just a guess:

Beovision 11

11/11/11 Big Smile

So to complete the whole theory, the price would be 

11.000 Euros Big Smile

And guess what...it comes in 11 colorsBig Smile

• 02-24-2011 11:05 AM In reply to

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Interesting points Roger I agree with what you are saying, let's just hope the new CEO takes on board the history of bang & olufsen, I do feel sorry for the last ceo, he did a good job to get them back in profit. But times are Cushing and they need to change, what they have to be careful of is to get the price and product, fingers crossed :(
  • 02-24-2011 11:19 AM In reply to

B&O doesn't need new products as much as it needs consistent messages about what they are up to, and what they desire to do for their customers.

The music industry is now ready to deliver 24bit/96kHz files through the dreaded unmentionable world's largest music store - they are going to make copies of the studio masters, before they are dithered for CDs, and sell these straight to customers.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/02/22/24.bit.music/index.html

Would be nice if B&O products could handle those files with ease.

I want excellence from B&O that engages me, and enthralls my friends. The BL5s do it - a number of acquaintances and people who've gotten in touch for a demo have ended up buying BL5s after listening to mine. Those speakers deliver unlimited engaging excellence to surprised ears. Hint-hint, they were launched in 2003. What's next?

It's not a steady stream of new products plucked out of the air that's going to bring customers into B&O stores, but rather a steady message from B&O about what they were placed on this earth to do for people - and how they intend to do this with greater punch and delivery than anyone else within the category.

Is it a furniture company?

A design company?

A state of the art audio-visual company with brilliantly shaped sculptural products - ready to bring you beyond the next thing?

Film worth looking at.
    http://www.meridian-audio.com/static/sooloos/

• 02-24-2011 12:02 PM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:

It's not a steady stream of new products plucked out of the air that's going to bring customers into B&O stores, but rather a steady message from B&O about what they were placed on this earth to do for people - and how they intend to do this with greater punch and delivery than anyone else within the category.

So true, find your why!
    It's not nessisery what you do, but how you do it...

Current collection: BeoVision 7-40 mk III, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 3 and BeoSound/BeoMaster 5.

Seriously, it's a beautiful package of excellent and awesomeness!

• 02-24-2011 2:33 PM In reply to

Well at the rate we're going we'll all have a chance to be CEO in the coming years. So SP will be able to put his theory to the test.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-24-2011 7:43 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:

B&O doesn't need new products as much as it needs consistent messages about what they are up to, and what they desire to do for their customers.

The music industry is now ready to deliver 24bit/96kHz files through the dreaded unmentionable world's largest music store - they are going to make copies of the studio masters, before they are dithered for CDs, and sell these straight to customers.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/02/22/24.bit.music/index.html

Would be nice if B&O products could handle those files with ease.

I want excellence from B&O that engages me, and enthralls my friends. The BL5s do it - a number of acquaintances and people who've gotten in touch for a demo have ended up buying BL5s after listening to mine. Those speakers deliver unlimited engaging excellence to surprised ears. Hint-hint, they were launched in 2003. What's next?

Is it a furniture company?

A design company?

A state of the art audio-visual company with brilliantly shaped sculptural products - ready to bring you beyond the next thing?

Film worth looking at.
    http://www.meridian-audio.com/static/sooloos/

Totally agree with you RE the 'products which engage you' part - B&O have only really introduced one speaker since the BeoLab 5 which blew me away - the BeoLab 3. They really, really need to look at the sonics of their product lineup which is generally lacking IMO. I haven't heard the 6002 or the 8002, but if they sound the same as the 6000 and 8000 as B&O insist, then that'd be a mild dissappointment at best (I'm not a fan of either, I find them both really quite boring and unexciting to listen to).

I know this isn't the angle a lot of B&O's customers come at it from, but it's an angle nonetheless, and one B&O should be addressing. B&O have introduced some pretty groundbreaking TVs in the last 2-3 years in terms of picture quality, why can't they do the same with their speaker lineup?

TripEnglish:

Well at the rate we're going we'll all have a chance to be CEO in the coming years. So SP will be able to put his theory to the test.  

Laughing

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-26-2011 4:17 PM In reply to

soundproof:

A very interesting and relevant clip ... but probably too complicated for a lazy sod like myself

Last night I watched a performance of "Carmen" on 'sTVdio' and when it finished I wanted to listen to some of my favourite tracks, so I went to Philippe's LinkPlayer, selected PLEX, and then the iTunes plug-in ... and using the Beo4 I could find one of my two full recordings of "Carmen" but *not* the one I wanted ... sooooo frustrating

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-26-2011 6:11 PM In reply to

soundproof:

Interesting movie and it was informing to have a look at the product range. Some remarks:

1. Compared to the BS5 a different approach in browsing/finding/selecting your music. In general basic music player functionality is equal, lot of extended fine-tuning (which obvious has taken a lot of time to tweak and make functional from the vendor) is build in the Sooloos.
      • It is cleary more flexible; on the other hand, who is going to add all the additional metadata? I currently already need a lot of time to collect the proper metadata for MP3/Flac files on the BM5
      • It actually underpins my earlier expressed view that the BS5 should offer some more selection capabilities and the software for the TV should be extended to support a much broader way to construct a play list.
    2. Sooloos offers more ways to control the system (Mac and Windows software, all the I-things, the Sooloos it self); which is quite nice compared to the limited support for the BM5 (at least on a Mac)
    3. What I like at the Sooloos is the capability to play/import your own CD's (a feature terrible lacking on the BS5/BM5 in my opinion) and a broader support of codex's
    4. The system is not great looking from my point of view
    5. Pricing (which clearly places this system in a different league compared to the BS5/BM5)
      • Control 15 (€ 6.450)
      • twinstore (2x 1Tb, € 3.500)
      • Media Core 200 (€ 2.500) (alternative to the Control 15 without the screen and controllable via iPhone/iPad)

• 02-26-2011 6:45 PM In reply to

BeoFab:

OK, now for real. These are my best educated guesses/hints for the 11. Please Roger confirm... don't hide.

1) Beo 6 (launched already)

2) Beovision 11

3) Beovision 4 - 85 3D

4) Beosystem 4

5) Beonet

6) Beovox 2

7) Beosound 8 XL

8) Beosound 5 Encore

9) ............................

10)...........................

11)...........................

(fill in the blanks with your best hint/guess/clue)

3) Product was already mentioned at a dealer site (Dutch), so I presume it is reasonable to be expected somewhere in 11. Price stated was starting at € 41.000....

9) BeoCenter 3 (with Blu-Ray support)

10) Beosound 5 with integrated cd

(Unfortunately both just a wish)Sad

• 02-26-2011 9:07 PM In reply to

Harry2008:

We will not be moving backwards. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-27-2011 3:45 AM In reply to

Can you tell us more about the beovision 11.

• 02-27-2011 5:18 AM In reply to

Must say I'm quite excited by the arrival of some new Tv's.

The 7 is getting a bit long in the tooth tbh.

I would like something like a 10 but w/ better speakers and more hdmi's.

Maybe even a thunderbolt connection to replace the whole lot with one tiny simple little connection.. - that explains the whole intel collaboration maybe ??

hmm...

• 02-27-2011 6:38 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Harry2008:

We will not be moving backwards. 

I know that we should look forward. I just think that there is a (long?) intermediate period in which multiple sources for music/video will co-exists. Maybe I am wrong, and of course I am not aware of units sold versus cost to add such functionality, but it is just what I could use very well for the next few years and  would not mind to pay more if B&O was offering this as a BTO option.

I can imagine that the situation in the US is different, but we do not have things like netflix, on the other hand we do have Spotify Smile. But I like classical and non mainstream/alternative music, which is not that easily available on Spotify either (yet).

• 02-27-2011 7:39 PM In reply to

I wish they focus more on music then on video products. For me it is easier to spend big bucks on an audio system then on a TV, most movies are rubbish to begin with, doesn't help watching them on a 40K$ television.

That said, the audio market seems to be more stable then video. Who knows that curves video will take, online streaming in the US is growing, Amazon came on board as well last week or so offering free streaming of 500 or so titles with their "prime" free shippng service. But that is all DRM protected crap, hard to play in that segment at this point, yet it seems this is where the future lies.

With music things seem stable, DRM is gone, Ipod/Iphone is here. We may see a new format here and there but to me a company like B&O should be able to spend more of their R&D money there. 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-27-2011 9:29 PM In reply to

do you think they will ever come out with Noise Cancelling headphones?  I've been using the Quiet Comfort series headphones from Bose for years now but would love to stay within the family~  the form 2 and the a8's just do not block enough ambient noise on the plane.

BS1 x 2, BS 3, BS4, BS2000 x 3, BS2300, BS4000, BS9000, BL4, BL 4000 x 2, BL8000 x 2, BL2500 x 2, BL2000, Beocom 2, Beocom 6000 x 4, Beocom 1401 x 4, Beocom 1600 x 2, Beocom 2500 x 4, Beotalk 1200, A9 Keyring, Beo4 x 8, Beotime, Bottle Opener

2011 Wish List: BL3500, BL6000, BL5, BL9, active link, BS5, Beo5

• 02-27-2011 10:09 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

auclutch:

do you think they will ever come out with Noise Cancelling headphones?  I've been using the Quiet Comfort series headphones from Bose for years now but would love to stay within the family~  the form 2 and the a8's just do not block enough ambient noise on the plane.

I heard they were in the pipeline....

Evan

Page 2 of 2 (46 items) < Previous 1 2