in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2011 8:21 AM by Step1. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-19-2011 8:30 PM

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

We've had the weirdest day on record up here in t' North of England with 12 hours of snow - which couldn't settle because it was too warmConfused

Anyhow, here's a photo of my next door neighbours conservatory roof which you would swear somone had just thrown some sheets of cotton wool onto - it is real snow honestly!

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-20-2011 12:19 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Weird snow

Only 'up North'...  Laughing

'Darn Sarf' here, we've had.. err.. nice weather as usual.

The best thing i ever did was cling to the underside of that truck headed southbound down the M1 when i was 18.  Boy did my arms ache when i let go, but the warmth of the sun more than made up for the fact i was covered in exhaust fumes and dead flies.. etc etc

Lee

Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-21-2011 5:07 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

bloody heck Lee Is that a popular sport down south?

Reminds me of that lad who used industrial glass suckers to stick himself to the back of one of those bullet-type trains in Germany Surprise

@Chris we always get snow that melts as soon as it hits the ground! So annoying. Not a bad thing in many ways, I discovered a great hill during our white period recently and apart from almost killing myself (acceleration was on par with a Renault 5 GT turbo and being surrounded by the thinnist of materials the experience felt similar!!!) I completly wrecked my daughters sledge - You would think they would design these things for us big kids hey?

Olly.

• 02-21-2011 3:36 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Takes me back does that.

I grew up next to an old pit hill made from way back when. It has been nicely grassed over for as long as I can remember & has the advantage of being right next door to a scrap yard. As kids it didn't take us long to discover that car bonnets + snowed over pit hill = brilliantly uncontrollable death sledges.

Ah the hours spent in casualty have all come flooding backLaughing

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-22-2011 8:21 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Not sure who is the greater danger to themselves tbh, you or Lee Laughing

Olly.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)