in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-21-2011 11:37 AM by steph. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-19-2011 4:34 AM

BeoSound 5 Cover Art Issue

OK, Here's one for you.....

Just been re-united with me BS5 after having it in storage. I have done a massive dump of all my latest albums into the BM5 and Mots is chungling along trying to sample the tracks. Expect its going to take a few days. The BM/BS5 is running slow and will continue to do so until it has finished analysisng.

I have noted however, that in "Cover" mode, some of my album pictures are out of alphabetical order. Revert to "Album" mode and it is perfect.

Any ideas on how to correct said problem? I have really lost the feel for the ins-and-outs of this machine and need to re-learn.

Also, second question. Any ideas how I can access all the BM5 file structure (not just the data)? Looking at "My Network Places", I can see the PC but have forgotton the username/passwords to gain access. Any other way?

Thanks

10%

• 02-20-2011 10:53 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: BeoSound 5 Cover Art Issue

Not sure of your cover art issue, but as far as connecting... 

If you're on windows, just start up BeoPlayer, and it will connect and this will mount the BM5 to your computer.  You should see a "share" pointing to it in Windows Explorer

For Mac (thanks to Carolpa):

start BeoConnect and make a connection with the BS5/BM5.

go to Finder

make a connection with the BM5; if fails then make a connection as

BEOMASTER5\BM-USER  (note: your system can also be named "BEOMASTER 5"; you should look it up in the BS5)

your PASSWORD

If you've forgotten your password, then go into service mode (SETTINGS, then >>,>>,GO) and change it.

Stan

• 02-20-2011 12:54 PM In reply to

if you look at the covers as the substructure of Artists the ordering is as follow.

1. it is orderned on the year of the album

2. alphabetical

this means if of one artist you have several albums, say 10 and 5 of these album/song tags contain the release year of the album/song and 5 albums without the release year, then first the 5 albums with release year will be orderned on the year, then the other albums will be orderned alphabetical.

If you want all albums alphabetical set all years to the same year or delete all album release years. Be sure that other software such as iTunes or Windows Media Player can't fill the missing fields if you choose the second option.

• 02-20-2011 11:41 PM In reply to

Thank you for that insight.

I will give it a try. It seems to make sense as even though I have albums "Mezzanie De L'Alcazar" 1 to 10 and I number them 01, 02.....10, they are muddled in order. I will do a reset on those dates.

At the moment, I have done the latest January SW update and a total clean re-load of data including deletion of cover-art and MOTS. It is running a tad slow at the mo.

What is wierd, is that there are a lot of grey cover icons on-screen now (a result of the January update), but as I turn the wheel, the cover art keeps changing rather than stay in order as I go through 500 albums. Hope it will all lock-down once the CPU has got to grips with its priorities.

Cheers.

• 02-21-2011 3:48 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

I have a question about cover art of the songs, maybe you can answer :

I had the opportunity to buy as an option the EMI songs pack (800 songs) pre-loaded in the BM5 when i bought the BS5-BM5 combo.

In the BM5 files structure, i can see the songs with some hidden .jpg files which are the small miniatures of the high-res covers.

In fact, the covers are embbeded in the songs file, we can see it in Windows Media Player. But i can not find it in the BM5 and i would like to see the size (i think it's 512pX512p but not sure) and the resolution (maybe 96dpi). I would like to open the cover in Photoshop to see the size of the image and in the future scan my own cover from CD to get the same parametres of the pre-loaded songs.

Do you know where can we see the high-res .jpg picture of the cover art in the file structure of the BM-SHARE ?

• 02-21-2011 11:28 AM In reply to

the jpeg's are stored within the the music file

download and install (www.)mp3tag(.de); choose a file; you can read the resolution of the jpeg of the cover

to " unpack" the cover; right click the cover; retrieve the cover

• 02-21-2011 11:37 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Thanks a lot, Carolpa. Yes -  thumbs up

I will try that tonight.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)