in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-16-2011 3:44 AM by Flappo. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2011 10:45 AM

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

British Aviva now owns 15.1% of B&O

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=da&u=http://www.business.dk/tech-mobil/briter-mere-magtfulde-i-bo&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhg_VLAFBTisisuTl3E9T8zrfzOqsg

The stock market seems to really like the CEO change?  The share price is up 8.82% this week and 19.35% this month?  What do they see as so positive?

• 02-15-2011 11:09 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Re: British Aviva now owns 15.1% of B&O

expoman:
    The stock market seems to really like the CEO change?  The share price is up 8.82% this week and 19.35% this month?  What do they see as so positive?

I am as dumbfounded as you are. I have a hard time finding anything positive about this. Perhaps they're responding to Tue being younger? Or perhaps it's just a matter of one investor buying and other investors  tagging along on "gut feeling"?

• 02-15-2011 11:21 AM In reply to

The read internally (of course I don't speak for everyone) is that these are positive developments. Despite feeling bad for Kalle in that surreal video address, we're excited by everything that's going on.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-15-2011 11:42 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Being young brings new ideas and trends to a company (at least usually). I would only second to Trip's post concerning internal "news" about further development and expansion of the brand. I think we will see too many changes in the near future. Too bad I missed the ride of the stock!

Best regards

Spiros

• 02-15-2011 12:10 PM In reply to

The British are coming! The British are coming!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-15-2011 1:27 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

burantek:

The British are coming! The British are coming!

LaughingLaughing

You're right to be frightened! We'd probably sell all the best bits and close everything else down - who wants the bother of actually making things these daysHuh?Unsure

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-15-2011 4:03 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

The read internally (of course I don't speak for everyone) is that these are positive developments. Despite feeling bad for Kalle in that surreal video address, we're excited by everything that's going on.

The point that has been made before it takes two years for B&O to get a new concept to market.  No matter how much Tue wants to change things he is stuck with Kalle's plans for at least the next twelve to eighteen months.  Unless his plans are something completely different?

• 02-15-2011 5:01 PM In reply to

One of the supposed changes made under Kalle was a sharp reduction in this timeframe. My understanding is that BV10 was brought to market in less than 12 months. 

That being said, B&O's strength, to me, was being able to develop the tech to meet seemingly unrealistic or unnecessary characteristics of the designer. To this day the CD mech in the BeoSound 9000 is an amazing achievement that could very easily have been shot down in another corporate culture. 

I think it's crucial that we have the ability to respond in a technical sense to the direction set forth by the CEO and designer. Just putting new tech in place may make things seem more current, but less revolutionary.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-15-2011 6:43 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

The relationships between Mckinsey Consulting and Triumph Motorcycles and Aviva and the new CEO and the subset of the board that actually make decisions might very well be the most important ones.      

• 02-16-2011 3:44 AM In reply to

Considering the glacial pace of bno r&d any increase in rapidity of product release is welcome imo.

They can't keep selling stuff from the 1990's to the chinese especially.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)