in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-20-2011 2:46 PM by elephant. 36 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2011 2:56 AM In reply to

Re: BeoWorld Asia??

well noted.  

Under Beoworld North America the description is as follows:

The North American market differs slightly from that in Europe. For those in Canada, Mexico and the USA, this forum will help resolve those differences and answer your questions.

I would like to note that Asian models differ significantly more than North American models both in terms of regional coding, input/output language, product availability and launch dates, etc...  How would that be different from having a separate North America forum?  it may just be the devils advocate in me...

BS1 x 2, BS 3, BS4, BS2000 x 3, BS2300, BS4000, BS9000, BL4, BL 4000 x 2, BL8000 x 2, BL2500 x 2, BL2000, Beocom 2, Beocom 6000 x 4, Beocom 1401 x 4, Beocom 1600 x 2, Beocom 2500 x 4, Beotalk 1200, A9 Keyring, Beo4 x 8, Beotime, Bottle Opener

2011 Wish List: BL3500, BL6000, BL5, BL9, active link, BS5, Beo5

• 02-16-2011 3:09 AM In reply to

The US models really are very different - the use of the NTSC video system and usually completely different connections on the back of the sets along with US only products accounts for this - as stated before. Asia will have some regional differences but essentially uses much the same as Europe, the Middle East and Oceania. However I am happy put a poll on but there will need to be a reasonable pro vote! My own view is that the General Forum will on the whole garner more responses - our active Australian members use it as much as anyone.

• 02-16-2011 3:33 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

Doctor,

you wrote in the poll:

"The forum would be in English unless there are strong views regarding this. I would suggest that votes should really be cast by those this would affect so we can see how many members would be interested in this. there will need to be a reasonable number to make this viable!"

I guess it does affect everyone since asian members might prefer there subforum and "move" activity from the general forum...

Usually I follow the gerneral forum (more seeking advice) and the german forum (more giving advice) but I don't like to see how members post the same questions in both forums....

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 02-16-2011 4:05 AM In reply to

Frankly the only time I even look which subforum I'm on is when I start a new topic. While reading, I use almost exclusively the "not read" function and just go through interesting topics, no matter where they are or what language they are in as long as I'm able to read it.

Given that, even the North American subforum makes no difference to me; it is sometimes helpful to assess where a poster might be located, and even that would be unnecessary if people bothered to at least include a continent in their personal profiles.

Apart from the few non-English subforums we have, I'd much rather see division by topic as it mostly is now. The Workshop, Vintage and Beogram subforums work well in my view, and probably deserve their isolation because the majority of the readers don't seem interested in them (judged solely on the count of views they get).

The current non-English subforums seem to deserve their existence and indeed have quite a few active members that never write in English. But if you want to use the same idea for an Asian subforum, which language is it going to be in? Korean, Thai, Lao, Japanese, any one of the major Chinese dialects, Australian?

But if enough people want an Asian subforum, it is of course fine with me - but in my personal use case, it'll be just as if the same topics had been posted in the general forum or a relevant, current subforum (see paragraph 1...) to begin with. There's no reason why I would want them somewhere else.

How about just inserting an "Asia" or some such prefix in the topic if you really think it is not interesting to the rest of the world? If the traffic proves to warrant it, I'm sure a new subforum can be set up.

-mika

• 02-16-2011 4:07 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • Melbourne Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

iiiRshad Khan:

FRom India

ANd i want Hindi Forum exclusively for indians

Perhaps I'm taking your post the wrong way, but I find it disturbing to be honest.

English is the official language in India, and nobody has set up a forum here that excludes you in any way whatsoever.

So why do you wish to have one set up for quote: "exclusively for Indians"? - this smacks of a racist element I find disturbing and objectionable.

If I have misread your post, or am taking it the wrong way, I apologise in advance, but as written I find its' tenor disturbing.  

Perhaps you could clarify your views a little better?

Respectfully

John... 

No-one ever regretted buying quality.

• 02-16-2011 11:56 AM In reply to

I took it to be humorous but I could be wrong!

• 02-16-2011 8:28 PM In reply to

Sorry for the delayed response.  

IMHO, as a qualification, the poll should ask that only relevant persons should vote on the poll.  i.e. people from other regions that would have no interest in an Asian forum to begin with should not respond.  this way, it limits the response to the target audience of the forum and if such target audience does or does not think it would be useful to have such a forum.  also, perhaps we can remove the word VERY from the first response.  

i.e.

Yes, I think it would be useful, and I would participate.

No, I do not think it would be useful, and I would not participate.

I would prefer a different forum and have written out my suggestion below.

for what it's worth... just my thoughts

BS1 x 2, BS 3, BS4, BS2000 x 3, BS2300, BS4000, BS9000, BL4, BL 4000 x 2, BL8000 x 2, BL2500 x 2, BL2000, Beocom 2, Beocom 6000 x 4, Beocom 1401 x 4, Beocom 1600 x 2, Beocom 2500 x 4, Beotalk 1200, A9 Keyring, Beo4 x 8, Beotime, Bottle Opener

2011 Wish List: BL3500, BL6000, BL5, BL9, active link, BS5, Beo5

• 02-17-2011 9:12 AM In reply to

The poll does suggest that only involved members should reply, but this is clearly impossible to police. I think the very is not going to influence choices very much. I agree about the third choice and have made the poll open so people can respond underneath. I confess to being underwhelmed by the response so far! This is not a huge surprise - I am sure you have found running a forum that the vast majority of users tend to be silent and use the forum as a resource rather than actually posting. We will see how many posts we get by the the 3nd of March.

• 02-17-2011 9:22 AM In reply to

Yes, but how to determine who is involved? Why not let all members vote? 

I would like to vote, but I'm not sure I'm involved. Guess many users think like this.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-17-2011 10:32 AM In reply to

I would imagine that the people most involved would be those residing in Asia or who have an interest in the Asian region. I agree that diversifying BeoWorld has a few problems and runs the risk of spreading us a bit thin. However an earnest request has been made and the site is, as it will always do, reacting to a well reasoned thought. For us to implement this will require a fairly large number of positive votes - at present there are two. I do accept that those outside the Asian region will have views and no doubt this will result in some negative votes. We will, however, mainly be looking at positive votes to see the level of desire for such a forum.

There is of course also the Group Area which is open to anyone who wishes to start a group sharing a particular interest. This may be an alternative.

• 02-17-2011 4:18 PM In reply to

tournedos:

Apart from the few non-English subforums we have, I'd much rather see division by topic as it mostly is now. The Workshop, Vintage and Beogram subforums work well in my view, and probably deserve their isolation because the majority of the readers don't seem interested in them (judged solely on the count of views they get).

I always forget they are there...

I always post in the General forum or the classifieds area. I very rarely venture in to the other areas. I think the less areas the better.....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 02-20-2011 2:46 PM In reply to

Jonathan:

tournedos:

I always forget they are there...

I always post in the General forum or the classifieds area. I very rarely venture in to the other areas. I think the less areas the better.....

I use the Active Topics function to scan all forums: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/TopicsActive.aspx

And I understand the need for esoteric forums like the "workshop" and "B&O with Apple on the side" :D

If there has to be an Asia forum then it should have subforums specifically language based around the large high purchasing, hugh net worth clusters of Hindi or Chinese or Japanese or Korean ...

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2