in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-20-2008 12:36 PM by mondit. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2007 10:29 PM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Connect Playstation 3 to BV 7-40?

Is it possible to connect a Playstation 3 to the BV 7 and get 5.1 digital sound?

Can i buy some module to connect the optical cable from the PS3 and then put it in the master link input or something?

Have anyone a clou on this?

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 07-04-2007 3:44 AM In reply to

Re: Connect Playstation 3 to BV 7-40?

To connect the audio you need an 'optical to coaxial converter' with the appropriate cables, you can pick them up from Maplins for about £15 plus cables.
  • 07-04-2007 3:48 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Anyone?

If i connect the hdmi via dvi converter and the picture is fine.

Then the sound: If i connect the optical output on the PS3 to a converter that convertes from optical to coaxial digital. Can i then plug it in and get 5.1 digital sound? Or is it just the two analog RCA inputs with the dvi input that will work together?

BL8000 MkII Black

• 07-04-2007 3:52 AM In reply to

As i have just posted, use the optical to coaxial converter.  In the BV7 menu select the appropriate connection menu and allocate the appropriate audio socket ie. A1, you will then get digital audio.
  • 07-04-2007 5:43 AM In reply to

Has anyone managed to connect a PS3 via the component inputs on a BV7?  I only have the 7.2 speaker so 5.1 sound isn't a concern.

I already have SKY HD connected via DVI.  B&O have suggested using component for SKY, and then the DVI and a Coax to Toslink convertor for the sound.  I would rather leave SKY as is and use the component inputs for the PS3 so I don't have to hide the convertor, and buy additional cables.

The BV7 is set for PC on AV4 using to component inputs, and I get picture and sound if I connect SKY this way, but am getting sound only via the PS3.

Thanks

• 07-04-2007 9:48 AM In reply to

I finally connected using the DVI (video) and coax to toslink convertor (sound).  This works well albeit I had to change the default setting on the PS3 for audio from PCM to Bitstream (??) (from recollection) to get it to work.

My local B&O shop suggested an alternative route which was a cable from the "Game" shops in the UK. This connects to the back of the PS3 and then has 5 component connections at the other end which connect to the BV7. B&O claimed that this will allow an HD picture on the BV7. I'm not sure if this is correct ? Found it weird that the only solution for a very expensive system to work was a £10 cable from a gaming shop.

• 07-05-2007 6:21 PM In reply to

HI Rednik

You need to setup PS3 to used component in the menu on PS3 Wink

• 07-06-2007 8:40 AM In reply to

Done that.  It works fine on my mates Samsung via component, but will not output picture to th BV7.

As I understand you should connect up using the component lead, reboot the PS£ while holding the power button, and it should then detect the output to use.  This works fine on the Samsung, but not BV7

• 03-20-2008 12:36 PM In reply to

• mondit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-08-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

If I can just re-ignite this debate?

I have just got my PS3 and like 'rednik' I have a BV7 (Mk1) and Sky HD. At the moment the Sky HD is connected to the DVI port with a SCART connection for the sound.

I tried to connect my PS3 using a component cable from B&O, but cannot get any display from it at all.

I connected the PS3 via the normal AV cable into AV1 and it worked OK but no sound. I then connected the HDMI/DVI cable to the PS3 and have got a beautiful HD image (but as I expected no sound). But whenever I select the composite connection option from the PS3 menu the screen just goes blank. Is this because I haven't set it up correctly with the BV7 - ideally I wanted to press the V MEM button on my Beo4 to get the PS3 up because I currently press DTV for Sky, and CD/A MEM for my masterlink connected BS3200.

Can anyone help me, or suggest an alternative way of getting a HD input from my Sky HD and PS3 simultaneously without having to fiddle around swapping cables over every time?

Many thanks. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)