in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2011 6:40 PM by Mo Vikrant. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2011 9:50 PM

• Mo Vikrant
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Connecting Beolab 3's to non B&O equipment

Hi,

I have an extra pair of Beolab 3s that I plan to connect to a non B&O piece.  I understand I need a line/powerlink adaptor.  What does this look like?  Is it like a Y adapter with two Powerlink on one end and a 1/8" on the other?  And would this just plug into the headphone jack of the amp as that is the only like out that i know of?  Or does it go to the preamps?

I have not bought the amp yet and just need a decent two channel.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mo 

• 02-11-2011 10:25 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting Beolab 3's to non B&O equipment

You are looking for a Powerlink to RCA cable. As the the description implies it consist of a powerlink connection on one end which would go to the back of the BeoLab 3's and the other side would be a male RCA connection, which would be ready for most all preamp/monitor connections. It is not a Y connection so you would need two.  As far as preamp's go I would fine one with controls that fit your prefaces. Stick with higher quality lines and you should be just fine. 

BV7-40 MKIV, BeoVision Avant 32, BeoVision 8-32, BeoLab Penta MKIII, BeoLab 6000 x 3, BeoSound 9000 MKIII, BeoLab 7-4, BeoSound 4000, BeoPort, BeoVox S45-2, ML/MCL Convertors, A8's & Form 2's. 

• 02-12-2011 8:03 AM In reply to

• Mo Vikrant
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply.  Pardon my ignorance here but there are preamps with volume controls..correct?

• 02-12-2011 8:35 AM In reply to

Yep - Any good quality pre amp with RCA outputs would be fine!

If you bought a Quad pre amp, you could you use standard DIN cables as they have DIN outputs as standard. They are also really nice!

• 02-12-2011 8:36 AM In reply to

I think Naim also use DIN, which are also very good...

• 02-12-2011 9:48 AM In reply to

B&O do a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2 powerlink plugs for using Lab 3 with iPod etc, or single 5 metre phono to powerlink.  Just set speakers to line input and away you go!

• 02-12-2011 6:40 PM In reply to

• Mo Vikrant
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Thanks to everyone for your posts.  Very helpful and I'm well on my way.  Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)