in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-03-2011 9:32 AM by Bebs. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2011 6:51 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

New Bentley GT Launched.. with B&O !

Well... not exactly. Wink

Just got back from the launch of the 'all new' Bentley Continental GT, where LifeStyle AV had plenty of B&O on display for potential purchasers.  More pics to come on the LifeStyle AV Facebook page which Matt will update tomorrow with lots of shots of the new car.  Look out for the one where, at the end of the night, we plonked a BeoLab 5 about a metre away from the front wing and took (what we think) will be some lovely 'screensaver' type shots..

For now, I just got home and it's time to sit down and digest the 372 canapes i was offered, and didn't turn down.. Ick!

The new GT is a strikingly pretty car - and the colour of this one is utterly beautiful, a kind of pearl beige/blue/white/grey combo.  However, it's the press demo version, designed to perfectly absorb and/or reflect the light display they projected on to it for the 'unveiling'.  Shame - it's a gorgeous colour.

Plenty of people very impressed with the BeoLab 5's we had on display - which sounded better than the professional JBL PA System (much to the PA Companies annoyance). SO much so, they asked the PA Company to turn their system off straight after the 'fanfare presentation' so the 100+ people could listen to the BeoLab 5's instead.. Smile

They also marvelled at the clarity of the Mk3 BV7-40 we had there, playing a Blu-Ray (we just upgraded it), so it goes to prove that B&O make great products - just not enough people get to see and appreciate them.

Anyway - here's my one 'arty shot' taken with the iPhone right at the end, just before we packed up and left.  Matt took the rest on a 'proper' camera earlier in the evening.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-11-2011 9:01 PM In reply to

Re: New Bentley GT Launched.. with B&O !

Looks good!

Nice exposure for B&O/Lifestyle - You should get some good enquiries off the back off this :-)

I wouldn't say no to a Bentley Continental but I would prefer a classic (read: ridiculous) supercar such as a Countach, Testarossa or De Tomaso Mangusta - I just love the feeling of nostalgia (and occasional severe danger) when driving old sportscars.

I would buy an RS6 Avant with the change for my daily! (V10 Bi-Turbo... Hello!) :-)

• 02-12-2011 2:43 AM In reply to

I'm not a Bentley boy, but those speakers are awesome Stick out tongue

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 02-12-2011 1:14 PM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

9 LEE:
    a kind of pearl beige/blue/white/grey combo

Having got a fantastic Bently grey customised bl2 from you would I be surprised to see this colour on something in your shop soon....not at all !

• 02-13-2011 1:42 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Just seen the pictures on Lifestyles FB page. Very nice, as is the new car. Shame about that colour been a one off though.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-13-2011 11:09 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

The Continental Super Sports has got a lot of my attention lately. The gloss red with black wheels is just wicked looking. Especially with the black 'maskera' around the headlamps.

I totally agree with the above - classic all the way! The Countach has to be my absolute favorite.... They are very very rare in my part of the world and I actually got to see one up close last summer, epic.

Evan

• 02-13-2011 11:54 PM In reply to

• murcieme
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-17-2007
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 73
    • Gold Member

I see a LOT of Bentley Continentals around Toronto.  I'm looking forward to seeing this new one, though I do wish they had kept the proportions of the old headlights - these new googley eye'd Bentley's look a little bit like Cookie Monster...

But I'm with you Evan, Countach all the way!  :)  That was the car that started it all for me!

Mike

Since 1977

• 02-14-2011 9:46 AM In reply to

9 LEE:
    Shame - it's a gorgeous colour.

Agreed! Beautiful color!

I vividly remember being at a similar event in the early 90's when Bentley launched the new Continental.

Gorgeous all black car roped off from the public and sitting under a very fancy lighting system.

Some clown (there is always one) decided to "step through" the perimeter.

Snagging his foot on one of the supports... he fell into the side of the car and brought the front half of the lighting system crashing down on the front of the car. Bonnet hood demolished and a nice crack in the windscreen windshield!

*Stunned silence*

He jumps up and announces: "I'm suing!" (only in America!)

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-14-2011 9:48 AM In reply to

P.S. Vroom vroom! Wink

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-14-2011 11:56 AM In reply to

burantek:

P.S. Vroom vroom! Wink

That was yours, wasn't it?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 02-14-2011 1:55 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

burantek:

*Stunned silence*

He jumps up and announces: "I'm suing!" (only in America!)

Little old Britain is hot on your heels with the suing culture now buddy.  This is why we have 'Caution, this drink is Hot' on the side of a hot drink (ffs..), and 'caution - danger of death' on the side of an electricity sub-station chugging out 5 million volts surrounded with fences and barbed wire - but there's always some moron who scales it and gets fried.  Of course, their families try and sue..

You also have to put 'FIRE EXIT' over the only door in the room (like we had to in the office at LifeStyle AV), presumably should a fire happen and someone gets all confused, picks up a spoon and tries to tunnel through the wall right next to the large rectangular portal with the handle on.

Lee

• 02-14-2011 4:02 PM In reply to

If you ask me. I am going with the Bentley and take 4 BeoLab5. Yes it is true, no question about it. 

Lee, sounds like a great event, hope it pays back a lot.

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 02-14-2011 4:17 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

4 x BeoLab 5...

That's dreamland for your ears.

Big Smile

• 02-14-2011 4:17 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Larskoelle:

Lee, sounds like a great event, hope it pays back a lot.

I've struck up a good relationship with the dealer, which works both ways.  I get extra-special treatment when I take my car in there for warranty work or servicing, plus other goodies and freebies - and they get a BeoCenter 6 - 26 plus a pair of BeoLab 6000's in their waiting area.  I also get advertising space in their showroom, and they get nice products around to help show off their launches. 

It's give and take, with both parties benefitting - like any business relationship.

I just wish their mechanics could tweak my car to give more than 9 mpg...  Geeked

Lee

• 02-15-2011 4:40 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

burantek:

P.S. Vroom vroom! Wink

No front spoiler? No girls wearing neon pink jumpsuits? You did see Cannonball Run didn't you?!

Laughing

Evan

• 02-15-2011 4:47 PM In reply to

Evan:
    You did see Cannonball Run didn't you?!

See it? H3ll, I was in it!

Captain Chaos!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-15-2011 6:26 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

burantek:

Evan:
    You did see Cannonball Run didn't you?!

See it? H3ll, I was in it!

Captain Chaos!

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

From now on your signature shall read: "Dun dun duuuhn!"

Evan

• 02-26-2011 11:01 PM In reply to

• murcieme
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-17-2007
    • Posts 73
    • Gold Member

Since we're on the Subject of cars I thought I'd do a little self promotion here and ask if y'all wanted to check out my pictures from the

2011 Canadian International Auto Show!

You can see what horrible vehicles us canucks are driving!  Of course I focus on the beautiful exotics, so maybe this ISN'T what we're actually driving, but what can I say?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pathologicalpuppy/sets/72157626021970513/

Of course Audi had the B&O systems in the R8 and A8 on display. We weren't allowed in the Aston-Martin nor the Mercedes-Bens SLS, but I'm sure they were so equipped as well. 

Jaguar had the Bowers & Wilkins stereo on in it's new XJ, and I must say it sounded great (except for the over-boosted bass - they always crank the bass at auto shows).  The Lexicon system in the gigantic Hyundai Equus was also powerful, yet refined sounding!

Enjoy the pics, and let me know if you have any questions.

mike s

Since 1977

Filed under: , , , , , , , ,
  • 02-26-2011 11:34 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

The Lexicon system is one of the few I have not heard yet!

No wonder Chrysler didn't feature the new 300 in their epic superbowl ad, its terrible! They would have driven away more customers!

The CLS is finally acceptable, much better front to that thing! Speaking of new fronts, how about that TL minor model change?! To be honest, I think I prefer THE BEAK!

Mike, were you in on a press pass? Seems to be a pretty thin crowd!

Evan

• 02-27-2011 12:12 AM In reply to

• murcieme
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-17-2007
    • Posts 73
    • Gold Member

Evan:

The Lexicon system is one of the few I have not heard yet!

No wonder Chrysler didn't feature the new 300 in their epic superbowl ad, its terrible! They would have driven away more customers!

The CLS is finally acceptable, much better front to that thing! Speaking of new fronts, how about that TL minor model change?! To be honest, I think I prefer THE BEAK!

Mike, were you in on a press pass? Seems to be a pretty thin crowd!

I quite like the new 300.  The exterior is a little more bland up front and too chromey in the back, but the interior is stellar!  A shocking revalation from Chrysler! :)  The TL update frustrates me a bit as they had an opportunity to try something new, and they just toned down what they had. Ah well.

I didn't have a press pass, though I try to get one every year (and fail!), so I always take the day off work and go very early.  I also arranged the weather to be extremely cold that day!  It all worked out! :)

mike

Since 1977

• 02-27-2011 1:45 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

murcieme:

I quite like the new 300.  The exterior is a little more bland up front and too chromey in the back, but the interior is stellar!  A shocking revalation from Chrysler! :)  The TL update frustrates me a bit as they had an opportunity to try something new, and they just toned down what they had. Ah well.

Sounds like Chrysler is finally getting serious - bout time!

At first sight I thought the new bumper for the TL came off of a Lexus ES, YUCK! The car is edgy all over, the beak needed to stay. Honda only does big changes every 5 years (what they call a major model change). This is the minor model change (3rd year of the 5 year cycle), only going to see cosmetic "refinement" at this stage. It really comes down to manufacturing re-tooling costs at the factory - this is why the cars barely change. The Accord actually got technical updates to the powertrain for 2011, getting an increase in MPGs even! Pretty sure this is the first time in Honda history a tech update was made at the minor model change. I'm not a fan of what they did to it BTW...

Evan

• 03-03-2011 9:32 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

9mpg?  Count yourself lucky.. I used to get 4 mpg from Tower Bridge to Battersea  :p

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)