in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-16-2011 3:26 PM by Doctor. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2011 1:56 PM

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

How heavy is heavy

So lately I've been thinking about getting a TV for the bedroom and (because plasma/LCD is all the rage) there's some great deals to be had with second hand CRT models.  Being B&O, these should still last for years to come and I was thinking that I could maybe splash out on the Avant that I couldn't afford years ago when it came out.

Of course, one of the things that I know from this forum is that they're very very heavy, as are the Lab5s.  I was wondering if anyone could suggest just how heavy we're talking about.  I've lifted sofas and packs of slate tiles up my 4 stories of stairs.  Is it realistic for a friend and I to lift an Avant up?  Maybe if I have time over the next few weeks I might make a graphic comparing the weight of B&O stuff to real world weights like "10 volumes of encyclopedia" or "a case of beer"

• 02-10-2011 2:01 PM In reply to

Re: How heavy is heavy

They are extremely heavy: +/- 190 Lbs.

But, they are blessed with THEE BEST handholds in the business -making them remarkably easy to handle.

...and that is the sort of attention to detail that you can only expect from Struer.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-10-2011 2:06 PM In reply to

extremely hard to lift by yourself but not to bad with a mate!  

• 02-10-2011 2:07 PM In reply to

Bl5 are about 63kg/each.

Avants are about 70kg?

BV5 75kg

BV9 125kg.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-10-2011 2:14 PM In reply to

• RayTheWash
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • South East London
    • Posts 93
    • Founder

...me and a friend carried mine up a flight or two okay!

• 02-10-2011 2:48 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

I think my Avant RF was about 93 kilo

BV10

• 02-16-2011 5:08 AM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Ok, I went and got a B&O tv.  In the end I got a 26" MX3000 (it's just for the bedroom so I don't need anything huge) along with a video player.  Finally that the stack of VHS tapes is no longer "clutter" and my refusal to throw things out has paid off.

Anyway, I thought this was worth a followup to point out that beyond the weight of an item, I think the ease of carry is equally if not more important.  When I collected it, everything was screwed/mounted on a metal frame/cabinet thing and it dug into my hands like a piece of metal wire.  The talk about hand holds on the avant suddenly rang true.

• 02-16-2011 12:01 PM In reply to

I carried my 5's to the second floor by myself and its definatly not a thing I would do again... for sure!

63KG feels very heavy, even 2 weeks afterwards...

Stephan

• 02-16-2011 2:47 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

burantek:

But, they are blessed with THEE BEST handholds in the business -making them remarkably easy to handle.

...and that is the sort of attention to detail that you can only expect from Struer.

Yes, the Avant ones are very good as are those on the BV3.Wink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-16-2011 3:26 PM In reply to

I do remember when I was young and away at school that when I came home for the holidays, a friend of mine used to come round and, each holiday, we were asked to move a huge sofa from the conservatory ( on the ground floor) to the top bedroom ( on the second floor). It was very heavy and huge. I never moved it the other way! We did have a theory that it simply sank through to the ground floor over time!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)