in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-24-2011 10:05 PM by Step1. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2011 1:55 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Attyca Bargain!!!

Here

Be quick - this should sell in lightning time at that price.  It looks pretty good too!

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-10-2011 5:24 PM In reply to

• RayTheWash
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • South East London
    • Posts 93
    • Founder

Re: Attyca Bargain!!!

Nice to know, i have a Attyca 2 collecting dust! Idea

• 02-13-2011 9:19 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Into the final 24 hours of the listing and it's still not sold. Not really surprised though, I only managed to get just under £100 for my F1000. Only a few years ago they were fetching very good money.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-13-2011 2:31 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I'm amazed at this...   A classic piece of B&O AV Furniture, in good / very good condition, for peanuts.  I was selling these for £500 a few years ago, and had a waiting list for them...

I also sold a Mint/Boxed F1000 (the box was colossal!!) to a discerning collector for just under £1,000 in 2008.  What's happened?!!

The BeoLit Radios are the new kid on the block, plus (IMO) the BeoGram 7000 is now overpriced, whilst the BeoGram 4000 is hugely underpriced.

I could go on with my opinions, but at the end of the day - the market decides. Fact.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-13-2011 4:14 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Strange how the prices of different items change so much. As you may remember I bought my F1000 from you. It cost me £600 at the time. Which I was more than happy with. Have to admit I was gutted when it sold for under £100. This does make me feel a bit better about it now.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-13-2011 6:18 PM In reply to

I think it's more then a year ago I put my F1000 for sale on Beoworld and Lee passed me an email from someone from the US who specifically wanted to buy my F1000 and he bought it for 1000 euro's and he was paying for the shipping costs as well (add 1000 euro's extra)! It had to be crated and shipped by boat.

He also bought a recordplayer and Beovox 3000.

That was the best item I ever sold through Beoworld. (did a small donation to BeoworldWhistle)

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-13-2011 6:21 PM In reply to

By the way, now I have 3 F1000's and 3 Attyca's (1x2 and 2x1) in my collection. I love B&OSmile

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-14-2011 3:26 AM In reply to

I want a F1000................... :-(

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 02-14-2011 2:20 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Never did have the 3rd cube for the middle. Or those shelves you have. Just had one plain shelf in the one cube.

CraigSmile

• 02-20-2011 10:00 AM In reply to

I had an Attyca 1 to dispose of 9 years ago. Advertised it for £50 again and again but not a single call. Sorry to say it ended up in the tip!!!!

• 03-10-2011 1:29 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

"The BeoLit Radios are the new kid on the block"

You're not wrong Lee - there can't be many item's of B&O that fetch 5 times their original price......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220749803296&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

Cheers

Nigel

• 03-23-2011 8:08 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

I was very fortunate to purchase a fully restored Attyca 2 last year as a Christmas splurge.

The gentleman-seller making the restoration did such a great job on the Attyca 2 that it looked brand new from B&O. No flaws, torn edges, or scored metal whatsoever. Remarkable fine engineering from B&O and the restoration work.

It is being shipped to Fortaleza, Brasil, so I also had a custom-case made with foam padding, bracing, and a locking, hinged top. No nails were utilised, replaced by iridite Torx-screws and bolts. The Attyca 2 slides right into the shipping case like a well-made glove, is secured in place, and then rolls along on casters that insert into the underside of the frame.

The long rolling case did raise a few eyebrows in the neighborhood when it arrived, and then again when the case went back into storage. Most enquiries were somewhat specific to the current health of my wife, and not B&O.

One looked down at the case, and then said " I haven't seen your wife around recently. " I put a long look on my face, looked down, and said " Yes, sadly she's standing right behind you. "

• 03-24-2011 5:43 PM In reply to

SWISS_2:
    One looked down at the case, and then said " I haven't seen your wife around recently. " I put a long look on my face, looked down, and said " Yes, sadly she's standing right behind you. "

My English is not that good but I hope this was ment as a jokeBig Smile or not?Sad

Beovirus? What's that?

• 03-24-2011 7:02 PM In reply to

SWISS_2:

I was very fortunate to purchase a fully restored Attyca 2 last year as a Christmas splurge.

The gentleman-seller making the restoration did such a great job on the Attyca 2 that it looked brand new from B&O. No flaws, torn edges, or scored metal whatsoever. Remarkable fine engineering from B&O and the restoration work.

It is being shipped to Fortaleza, Brasil, so I also had a custom-case made with foam padding, bracing, and a locking, hinged top. No nails were utilised, replaced by iridite Torx-screws and bolts. The Attyca 2 slides right into the shipping case like a well-made glove, is secured in place, and then rolls along on casters that insert into the underside of the frame.

The long rolling case did raise a few eyebrows in the neighborhood when it arrived, and then again when the case went back into storage. Most enquiries were somewhat specific to the current health of my wife, and not B&O.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing That's brilliant!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 03-24-2011 10:05 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

9 LEE:

I'm amazed at this...   A classic piece of B&O AV Furniture, in good / very good condition, for peanuts.  I was selling these for £500 a few years ago, and had a waiting list for them...

I also sold a Mint/Boxed F1000 (the box was colossal!!) to a discerning collector for just under £1,000 in 2008.  What's happened?!!

The BeoLit Radios are the new kid on the block, plus (IMO) the BeoGram 7000 is now overpriced, whilst the BeoGram 4000 is hugely underpriced.

I could go on with my opinions, but at the end of the day - the market decides. Fact.

Lee

Smile

If you don't know Lee I don't think anyone will! I have also noticed a drop in some prices in general unless items are in near mint and boxed. I put it down to people waking up to the possible financial uncertainty ahead and playing with their money cautiously, perhaps looking for more investment opportunities than frivolous purchases...

Olly.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)