in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-05-2011 5:15 PM by Medogsfat. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2011 11:11 AM

Beovox P45 black

Hi.

I just got myself some white P45 speakers which are black. Confused? I am. I know they're white because it can be seen on the inside when the grill is removed and there is white under a small chip on the outside. So perhaps someone painted them black. Well I don't think so as the finish is very even with just the right sheen. So my question to the wise here is has B&O ever been known to do custom finishes.

Also, three of the grill cover posts are broken. Does anyone know of a supply or will I have to buy some P30s or other for spares. 

They sound great by the way and I will stabilize the bass drivers right after I've done the same with my S45s.

Thanks for any insight you can give.

Trevor.

• 02-05-2011 11:21 AM In reply to

Re: Beovox P45 black

I would imagine that these has been done after purchase. I think if B&O did a custom finish, they would not start with a white set. Being the proud owner of a blue Beolab 2, I can vouch that after market customisation can be very professional.

• 02-05-2011 12:51 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Hi Trevor, can you show a picture of the peg you need? Also how long an unbroken one is? Might have a few spare ones.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-05-2011 4:04 PM In reply to

Thanks for the replies guys. Craig here is a picture of one. Length is 26mm.

http://freespace.virgin.net/trevor.pvr/peg/P45_peg.jpg 

Trevor.

• 02-05-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi Trevor,

the same fixing pegs were used on the X25/35's as well as the S series of speakers which have the single panel grills (as opposed to the 2/split grills as used on the S55's etc...). May be of use if you find some cheap ones.

Agree with Peter though, these have probably been painted by a talented individual rather than purchased as such. A real shame though as white seems to be the new black...

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)