in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-10-2011 8:46 AM by soundproof. 31 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2011 8:47 AM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Re: How do you see yourself listening to music in the future?

I have gone BM5/BS5 for my music collection. Sure it may lack in features but I prefer to have control over the quality of my content before the ease of use streaming solutions that are out there.

Current collection: BeoVision 7-40 mk III, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 3 and BeoSound/BeoMaster 5.

Seriously, it's a beautiful package of excellent and awesomeness!

• 02-08-2011 5:47 AM In reply to

I think I will continue to be happy with my BeoSound Ouverture for the occasional CD/radio playback and to give the system a bit of "character" but asides from that, all content will come from Spotify/iTunes etc on my MacBook Pro plugged in/wirelessly connected to the aux in on the B & O. Best of both :)

• 02-08-2011 12:38 PM In reply to

Good question.

To go to hard drive format or not is the question in my mind.

I still use cassete tapes, DAT (non B&O), cd's and records. The only trouble is that the music is all ower on different mediums but I grew up with it so I'm so used to it that it does not seem to be a problem.

With the current Beosystems being white´80's complete 6000 and complete 6500 with 2 Beocords I have enough for a long time into the future and with Dillen able to fix it when/if needed who knows how long its going to be like that.

With the 6500 I don't really have other desires as much trying other of B&Os audio when it comes to the newer systems.

• 02-09-2011 6:54 AM In reply to

I've just bought an ex-display BC2 from a dealer, with a full 3 year guarantee. The discount was so large (cost just a little more than Lee's 7 year old BC2's) it has made me think that maybe the BC2 is also going out of production!

The BC2 is primarliy for DVDs on the SD BV5, but has a great CD and radio performance. I now have a lot of CD's loaded onto a Brennan. It doesn't have MOTS technology but works well. I might integrate my modern TV systems a little better with Masterlink but I run my older systems on their own. The best is a Beomaster 2000 (1970's refurbed by Martin) with input from the internet  via a now dated Pinnacle Soundbridge.  The truth is that in many respects listening to radio (often Radio Paradise) is so much better than buying and downloading for the lazy listener like me! And I always have my well chosen CD's and LP's for that matter to fall back on.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 02-10-2011 4:39 AM In reply to

Best of both worlds. I'm setting up a purist analog listening room, with a Beolab 5000, Beogram 3000 Thorens, good speakers, and where I will have reel-to-reel in addition. A vintage room for the musical brilliance of the 50s/60s in jazz and classical and popular, with a nice record collection.

And then there's my other listening room, multichannel - but with separate signal chains for stereo and surround, where my sources are so many that it's hard to mention. I'm watching television from around the world, watching movies from providers around the world, "going to" live concerts and performances, listening to streamed music, playing high resolution files and redbook stored on my harddisks - all of it elegantly controlled via two-way remote, and channeled to the various rooms in my house via WiFi, or accessed from outside via the net. I'm using VPN to access sources in other countries, and wish B&O had set up something like this years ago, they could have.

I've been in hotels abroad watching my movies and accessing my music at home ...

• 02-10-2011 8:03 AM In reply to

• AdamS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • South UK
    • Posts 72
    • Silver Member

My computer and hi-fi are separate and I intend them to stay that way. I have no interest in downloads, MP3s, streaming or any of this sort of stuff and so it appears that there will be less and less in the B&O range to interest me, which seems a shame.

Still, there's plenty of nice secondhand equipment out there. I'm currently aiming for a nice valve preamp and a pair of Beolab 5s...

• 02-10-2011 8:46 AM In reply to

AdamS:

My computer and hi-fi are separate and I intend them to stay that way. I have no interest in downloads, MP3s, streaming or any of this sort of stuff and so it appears that there will be less and less in the B&O range to interest me, which seems a shame.

Still, there's plenty of nice secondhand equipment out there. I'm currently aiming for a nice valve preamp and a pair of Beolab 5s...

I discussed this with the then (2007) head of audio at B&O, and he saw no problems there. I even tried out this one, which he reviewed the spec's of, and found was compatible due to the comparable SNR-values.

It's the Shindo Masseto valve-preamp. Very nice sound with BL5s.

http://www.dagogo.com/view-article.asp?harticle=248

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2