in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-07-2011 11:39 AM by jahur. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2011 11:22 AM

B and O customer service

Hi,

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a marked drop in customer service from b and o, I have sent them several emails recently 3 to shops and 2 to B and O customer service directly and have not received one reply. This I have noticed since the change of personal at the top, before whenever I sent an email I always got a response either the same day or following without fail. 

Its making think about changing my alliance to another supplier of audio products and selling my B and o equipment.

Was only a simply request for a new brochure.

• 02-04-2011 12:04 PM In reply to

Re: B and O customer service

To give some credit, Newcastle, at least, are very good. I always get a reply and they all know me by name. I have been looking for an LX recently and they have been trying their best to help.

• 02-04-2011 12:58 PM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Excellent customer service. Fast response and great information.

• 02-04-2011 2:11 PM In reply to

I would rate my own customer service as excellent!

Are you sure that you're submitting it to the correct e-mail address? Does your e-mail have some characteristic that might get it trapped in a spam filter? Both have happened on occasion in my shop. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-04-2011 4:35 PM In reply to

I have some experiences with different dealer here in Munich and one in Cologne. And I have to admit that I like some more than others and yes the response time might differ but I would not name it a change in pattern. 

@TripEnglish, if I ll have the possibility I am going to give you a try ;-)

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 02-04-2011 4:35 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I recently visited the B&O Logan Circle shop in Washington D.C. and I could only say positive things. David Wilson, the general manager was very nice and quite funny. I was in there only to get a set of A8s but he treated me like I was his best customer.

Evan

• 02-04-2011 4:57 PM In reply to

Evan, glad you got to meet Dave. He's a great guy and a lot of fun. The shops in the DC area have some great personalities and a lot of knowledge. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-04-2011 4:58 PM In reply to

Larskoelle:
    @TripEnglish, if I ll have the possibility I am going to give you a try ;-)

You'd be well advised to do business with me. 

• 02-04-2011 10:14 PM In reply to

I have been waiting for 3 weeks to get prices for 4000 casing (new black or silver). 2 emails and four phone calls. They checked pricing and called my back. I said I just wanted the casing without fitting and they said they'd call me back. It was over a week ago.

When I bought my speakers and beosound one they were great and even imported UK manuals for me. They even helped me track down a sunburst yellow grill for my beosound 1. 4 years later and it takes a week to check a price.

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 02-04-2011 11:44 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

So Trip, where are you posted?

Evan

• 02-05-2011 3:02 PM In reply to

Having recently moved to London, I must say how incredibly impressed I am with the service and knowledge at Bang & Olufsen of Hampstead. Joe really knew his stuff and was cool to chat to. (Having had a decade working in Marketing, it really takes a lot for sales staff to impress me but this guy was a credit to the brand). 

It was an excellent experience - just how it should be when looking at B&O!

My next purchase will certainly be from them!

• 02-05-2011 3:32 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

I tried the Rennes outlet as per recommendation, ok with email responses then total negativity from the front of house guy, who was prepared to argue the toss rather than answer a simple question

Uk here I come, Shropshire in particular

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 02-05-2011 4:59 PM In reply to

• Beowulf
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Derbyshire
    • Posts 143
    • Bronze Member

Wimborne Minster and Nottingham, have great service and technical support/repair service.

DaveSmile

Beowulf

• 02-06-2011 3:05 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Forgot to add length of customer time allocation seems to be related to profit margin not the wider game - I will not now be using them for my new screen acquisition1

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 02-06-2011 4:07 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Depends how you define customer service. I used to buy all my B&O kit from the local Bath store up until about two years ago. There's something about that store that doesn't "feel" right these days and after the let me down, last minute, over a booked engineer visit, promised to call back with a new date (and didn't), I completely lost interest.

For me, I find I get a better level of service from the likes of Ian at MoreThan or Lee at LifeStyle. Never had a problem with the quality of their product, you receive a discount, they deliver and can install and are often there at the end of the phone if you need further support. Never had any issues or complaints nor need to contact B&O directly.

• 02-06-2011 5:46 AM In reply to

This is quite an interesting thread: a similar thread was the longest and most acrimonious on the old B&O forum, before, possibly partly because of the single thread, the forum was closed. This thread seems far more positive and although the comments are not all complimentary, there does appear to be a more constructive tone.

I do agree with Moxxey though that B&O still have much to learn from many of the B&O resellers who pride themselves on customer service. I think both Lee and Ian seem to realise that selling a premium brand means premium customer service and I think this explains their success and the demise of many of the smaller dealerships who have too long relied on the B&O name with little personal back up.

• 02-06-2011 6:28 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Can I be a bit presumptuous and give an example of our customer service :) ?

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/37692/313052.aspx#313052

Most B&O showrooms I know try very hard.

• 02-06-2011 9:16 AM In reply to

StUrrock:

Can I be a bit presumptuous and give an example of our customer service :) ?

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/37692/313052.aspx#313052

Most B&O showrooms I know try very hard.

Good service is easy to find but the problem is that quality varies so much. As above, my old dealer was amazing! I had to switch (they closed and are now a pre-owned dealer) and the new dealer is poo. I want to buy a beolab 11 but I want to match the colour to my Beolab4000s and they are super slow at getting the prices. I am buying relatively expensive gear and get service slower and worse than at a standard electronic shop in Japan. I guess my dealer doesn't want my money. I left another e-mail yesterday. Beolab 11, beolab 4000 casing and beolab 4000 stands isn't a great days take in a shop but shouldn't be something they should turn their nose up at either. In Japan that is over a months salary for people in the 30's-40's.

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 02-07-2011 6:21 AM In reply to

I understand what as said about possible spam, however I have sent like I said before 2 emails to my local shop, and 3 emails to B and O customer service on their website. I have had a conformation that the B and O website had rcvd my emails and would reply within 48 hours, thats was over a week ago. 

I do understand that not all shops are the same, however as pointed out this was a simple brochure request and was not only a no response from a shop no response from the B and O website customer service.

• 02-07-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

• jahur
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-07-2011
    • planet zonk
    • Posts 161
    • Bronze Member

milton keynes have always been great with me, jonney (now works elsewhere) was a fountain of info, historic and new, chris on the other hand is usually well equipped to help but the old goat always tries to talk you out of historic products and to splash on new.

jonathon the owner is seldom seen when i walk in, his dog just greets me! i remember jonney used to rib me about my old beocenter 2002, i loved that thing to bits! so much so he went  to the ends of the earth to source a smoked lid for it, thats service and that was 1990!

they/do always regarded me as their historic customer! thats service!

jason

(formerly nokinnikon from the old site)

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)