in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-22-2011 8:36 AM by beoberlin. 31 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-21-2011 8:39 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 1 &3200 are no more.

sorry but that only reason is bad marketing; you must not kill your own icons; eg there always will be a BMW 3 series, Porsche 911 and so on...

I do not know what the people at B&O are doing! There would be such a big list which would have to done - or could be; why not updating these icons?! Launching something new is always more expensive than updating something already existing...

I think no-one who loves B&O like us can understand why BS3200 or BS9000, BS1 are discontinued...

• 11-21-2011 9:19 AM In reply to

f5434964:

I think no-one who loves B&O like us can understand why BS3200 or BS9000, BS1 are discontinued...

Exactly what i think;

not so much for the BS1, but the 3200 and especially the BS9000 represents B&O like 911 represents Porsche or even like the Aviators represents Rayban.

ICONS; and i cannot believe there are no more lasers produced for Audio CDs...after all, the 3200 and the 9000 still sell pretty well; 'cause it's not a matter of thecnology (no mp3 support and so on), but of aestethics and iconic design.

What are these guys at B&O doing right now? If they had put the BS3200 and the BS9000 out of production, anything can happend!

I mean, now i would be scared if these people would turn down even the BL 4000, 6002 and 8002 - which i hope would be unlikely 'cause they use IcePOWER technology.

• 11-21-2011 9:34 AM In reply to

At one point in time BeoCenter 9x00 and 8x00 were also considered B&O Icons... It's where I got the BeoBug... but even they got axed.

Don't get me wrong... I love the Ouverture/BS9000/BS1 designs... but at one point things need to move on.. Even if it means terminating products.

Change is never comfortabel... but... the only way to survive is to adapt.. not by holding on to what's most comfortable (and the most easy)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 11-22-2011 3:23 AM In reply to

Karel Uyttendaele:
    the only way to survive is to adapt.. not by holding on to what's most comfortable (and the most easy)

that's true and mankind would not have become like we are now if there wasn't this challange and response thing but like Porsche is adapting the 911 B&O could adapt their products as well;

discontinuing - ok - but whats going to be next?

The problem: the BS5/BM5 is just a mp3 player, every Beovision is just a TV; there's nothing special; the BS9000 and 3200 have had these extras which no other product/brand offered...moving elements, light --- they are still fascinating , captivating;

now the product range is quite simple - just playing music or movies - that's far too less for being B&O 

• 11-22-2011 4:44 AM In reply to

f5434964:

that's true and mankind would not have become like we are now if there wasn't this challange and response thing but like Porsche is adapting the 911 B&O could adapt their products as well;

discontinuing - ok - but whats going to be next?

The problem: the BS5/BM5 is just a mp3 player, every Beovision is just a TV; there's nothing special; the BS9000 and 3200 have had these extras which no other product/brand offered...moving elements, light --- they are still fascinating , captivating;

now the product range is quite simple - just playing music or movies - that's far too less for being B&O 

the budgets of Porsche is a couple of times larger than B&O so they can adapt and evolve their 911. But then again.. it's still a steeringwheel, breakes and 4 tires.. nothing special there... to make the comparison

The real switch where B&O is struggling with is the increasingly transformation from physical to virual music and pictures (be it tv/movies...). It's a small miracle that they continue to exist in this harsh economy.. so they must be doing something good.

The fact that Tue has taken over is a clear sign that the shareholders want to be sure that their investment is still future proof and want someone who can take B&O into the 21 century.

Discontinuing products who have been around for more than a decade and which have not been updated and which are using dated technologie is a first step into the right direction. 

(just as Porsche has made a significant investment with their 918 spyder hybrid frog :-) :-) :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 11-22-2011 4:51 AM In reply to

of course you are right - old products have to be replaced by something new

espescially to get your customers back in the shop to buy again!

So: We are expecting new exciting products at the top of quality and design with something special thats makes the difference to all other A/V-players ;-) 

regards elmar

• 11-22-2011 8:36 AM In reply to

If your looking for high-end optical drives have a look at austrian manufacturer streamunlimited (http://www.streamunlimited.com/v3/en/optical_storage.html). They mastered the art of refining standard drives by sony and sanyo. You can find their drives - even with metal trays - in a lot of massive build players, like german t+a, trigon audio, accustic arts etc.

.t

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2